ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Come and join us at Ragley Hall for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment
Alun

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Alun »

Benson-1215 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:12 pm Alun how big is the bar? and ask them to be well stocked up :D

Everything is being massively scaled up to fit the increase in numbers, fear not.
Alun

Post by Alun »

chunky butt wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:29 pm Looking forward to this one, pif and I already discussing ferry options, the ball is rolling, bring it on :D

The 'French Sector' of the campsite is under construction, personal boulangeries etc.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Alun wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am
chunky butt wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:29 pm Looking forward to this one, pif and I already discussing ferry options, the ball is rolling, bring it on :D

The 'French Sector' of the campsite is under construction, personal boulangeries etc.
Cheers alun, any chance of a boules park as well, pif and I are quite taken to quick match early evening, or am I pushing me luck a little :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Alun wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am

It's when they insist on wearing those stripey shirts, berets and strings of onions that pisses me off.

In eleven years living here, I've never seen anybody but Phil dressed that way. But the clogs and ferret kind of spoil it.
Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

Alun wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:31 am
Benson-1215 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:12 pm Alun how big is the bar? and ask them to be well stocked up :D

Everything is being massively scaled up to fit the increase in numbers, fear not.
Most excellent will bring a little something with from the the motherland distillery ........Penderyn :twisted: unless you are now a teetotaller :shock:
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Obviously not in the spirit of the festival, but I don't have two wheels at the moment.
Is there any way of getting to the venue by public transport, as I would like to attend
but would have to fly in to either London or Manchester.
And is there accomadation available other than camping?
Alun

Post by Alun »

qcnr wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:34 am Obviously not in the spirit of the festival, but I don't have two wheels at the moment.
Is there any way of getting to the venue by public transport, as I would like to attend
but would have to fly in to either London or Manchester.
And is there accomadation available other than camping?

That's a hell of a display of spirit. The nearest train station is Stratford upon Avon and with that kind of commitment I'll organise a pick up from the station for you. Bring your licience there are loads of test rides available from all the manufacturers.

There are 'glamping' options available, check out the link on the booking page. There are a couple of hotels in Alcester and loads in Stratford upon Avon.
#
Italy1

Post by Italy1 »

just in case it helps anyone......I will be travelling up from London on the Wednesday afternoon with a mate. We managed to book a room (twin before you lot start speculating) at 45 quid in the Alcester Inn, in......yes you guessed, Alcester. Looks like a decent place with a nice bar for the much needed couple of pints on arrival..... ;)
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Italy1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pm just in case it helps anyone......I will be travelling up from London on the Wednesday afternoon with a mate. We managed to book a room (twin before you lot start speculating) at 45 quid in the Alcester Inn, in......yes you guessed, Alcester. Looks like a decent place with a nice bar for the much needed couple of pints on arrival..... ;)
That's a very reasonable rate! If you're looking for something to do in the localish area on the Thursday, you might be interested in checking out this Cotswolds route we featured in ABR a couple of years back - https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... 43&t=43541.
Italy1

Post by Italy1 »

That's a very reasonable rate! If you're looking for something to do in the localish area on the Thursday, you might be interested in checking out this Cotswolds route we featured in ABR a couple of years back - https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... 43&t=43541.
[/quote]

Should have checked my dates.. :? ...we are travelling up on the Thursday but thank you for the tip

Return to “ABR Festival 2019”