Annual insurance trawl...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Annual insurance trawl...

Post by Tonibe63 »

CN last year £127 fully comp, this years renewal £186 :shock: .
Phoned them up, "best we can do is £156" :| .
CN online quote £128 :roll: .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Tonibe63 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:24 am CN last year £127 fully comp, this years renewal £186 :shock: .
Phoned them up, "best we can do is £156" :| .
CN online quote £128 :roll: .
That is unfortunately industry standard, my step daughter worked for a call centre for a while, the online quotes for 'new business' are heavily discounted & they aren't able to give similar. Unless you have a specific issue that requires you to phone every year, it's better to go in via one of the comparison sites.

I was flummoxed this year as both my renewals were cheaper. Two different companies. Thye're probably trying to lull me :lol:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Thanks Paulie.
To be fair I just autorenewed last year because it was so cheap I couldn't beat it anywhere.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I would never use CN again.A couple of years ago I took out a new policy with them after getting a reasonable quote.After sending in my previous renewal notice as proof of NCB I get a letter back saying they are increasing my premium by £60 as I wasn't truthful about the price of my renewal quote. Phone call back "you'd better go back and listen to the recording of the conversation".... twice I get a phone call back from a supervisor "two of our staff have listened to the conversation and you said £££"....."well your fucking staff are lying,you'd better listen to the conversation yourself!" After about 4 days of hassle and stress a letter arrived with a £25 refund on my original premium apologising for my inconvenience.
Last edited by sprintster on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

scandalous … it seems all the `regulators` are gone
grmtylr

Post by grmtylr »

Nigel wrote:Last week Hastings renewal quote £270 ish, online £190, other companies £150 ish, rang Hastings said I'm not renewing at that price why is it cheaper online, no real answer to that, he said I can do it for £24 x 11 no deposit, I said no thanks I won't renew with you!
You did well to have someone answer the phone with Hastings. I've spent God knows how long on hold waiting to speak to someone this week so I could cancel a policy!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Its always the same routine every year for the insurance on my two bikes.....
Each bike will always have a quote for renewal thats much higher than the previous year. I then go on 'The Bike Insurer' comparison site and get quotes of the same or even lower price that i paid last year.
My own insurance companies almost always match these quotes.

Next year same thing.

Repeat ad infinitum.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I've also given up on multibike policies, when i never have more than 2 bikes it isn't worth it.
So for the last 4 yrs i've insured them separately and have built up 4 yrs ncd on my second bike, while my main bike keeps its max ncd.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Zookman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:14 am I've also given up on multibike policies, when i never have more than 2 bikes it isn't worth it.
So for the last 4 yrs i've insured them separately and have built up 4 yrs ncd on my second bike, while my main bike keeps its max ncd.
the thing is .. if circumstances change you have then (still) got ncd on the second bike .. which may now be the main bike (temporarily or permanently)
Last edited by garyboy on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

garyboy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am
Zookman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:14 am I've also given up on multibike policies, when i never have more than 2 bikes it isn't worth it.
the thing is .. if circumstances change you have then (still) got ncd on the second bike .. which may now be the main bike (temporarily or permanently)
Thats right. Plus you have more options for getting your insurance down when you have 2 separate policies.
I could also give up having a second bike for a couple of years, then if i were to get another second bike again, those previous ncd would still stand.
Insurance companies prefer you to have multibike policies, because they make more money out of them.

Return to “THE PUB”