EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
OB1

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by OB1 »

garyboy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:11 am We got a parliament that won't listen to the majority of the people.

Which majority is that? 17.4 million is not a majority of 66 million... The majority didn't vote to leave. :twisted:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

At what point during the next 9 days will leave voters admit that the problem with the running of the UK has been the fault of successive inept British governments and not the fault of the EU?
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Trev

Post by Trev »

It's wage review time here and I've just had a conversation with a guy asking for more money with his main reason being that the cost of his holidays abroad have gone up :o He then went on to complain that he now has to get an international driving licence for the hire car and 'if he had known that's what Brexit would cause' he wouldn't have voted to leave!
Wage reviews aren't the time for me to engage in Brexit (or other non work related) discussions but money, totally down to Brexit (yes, reality from real life not 'project fear') is tight this year for wage increases and we're not going to be able to give as much as I would like. I'm sorely tempted to think 'sod it' and leave those who voted to leave with no increase and share the rest among the rest of us who have to get on and try make the best of it. Sort of, you voted for the benefits of Brexit, you have them ;)

If only life was that simple :lol:
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

OB1 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:13 am
garyboy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:11 am We got a parliament that won't listen to the majority of the people.

Which majority is that? 17.4 million is not a majority of 66 million... The majority didn't vote to leave. :twisted:
oops - that's an inconvenient truth that the leavers don't want discussed....

Democracy my ass! :roll:
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Trev wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am It's wage review time here and I've just had a conversation with a guy asking for more money with his main reason being that the cost of his holidays abroad have gone up :o He then went on to complain that he now has to get an international driving licence for the hire car and 'if he had known that's what Brexit would cause' he wouldn't have voted to leave!
Wage reviews aren't the time for me to engage in Brexit (or other non work related) discussions but money, totally down to Brexit (yes, reality from real life not 'project fear') is tight this year for wage increases and we're not going to be able to give as much as I would like. I'm sorely tempted to think 'sod it' and leave those who voted to leave with no increase and share the rest among the rest of us who have to get on and try make the best of it. Sort of, you voted for the benefits of Brexit, you have them ;)

If only life was that simple :lol:
There is going to be plenty of that ahead - as realisation dawns on the Lemmings.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Crossrutted wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am

So that means the result of pretty much every general election is invalid. :roll:
There are NOT 66 million voters in the country so stop this stupid use of figures to justify an mis-described quote.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

DavidS wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 am
Crossrutted wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am

So that means the result of pretty much every general election is invalid. :roll:
There are NOT 66 million voters in the country so stop this stupid use of figures to justify an mis-described quote.
Very true, however GEs give a parliament for four years so if we could apply the same logic we are due another brexit vote on 23/06/20 if this shamble is still lurching on. The voting public will be quite a different group of people by then.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
OB1

Post by OB1 »

DavidS wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 am There are NOT 66 million voters in the country so stop this stupid use of figures to justify an mis-described quote.

There are 66 million people in the country that will be affected by whatever happens.

The fact that some didn't vote or were not eligible to vote at the time does not take away the fact that their future will be changed because of what is being decided for them. There may be no coming back from this decision. It is nothing like a general election. The fact that we are nearly three years down the line and are being told that we MUST respect the outcome of the referendum shows that it is nothing like a general election: if it was, we'd be gearing up for the vote to get back into the EU!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Personally I think this has been a great exercise in showing the total and utter incompetance of the political system in place at the moment.
1000 days to sort out an exit plan from the EU, and 9 days before exitday the politicians are still squabbling amongst themselves and starting
to align themselves for a leadership squabble.
To be honest if there is a greater than 30% turnout at the next general election I'll be surprised, because these tw4ts couldn't organise a
piss up in a brewery, distillery or a vineyard.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

On what authority do have the information that a majority of those unable to vote would want to have remained?
The blind assumption that the voting majority were flawed is, as ever, insulting. The media will tell you any old cr*p to get their drivel read.

My intelligent 40 year old nephew, who has kids of 2 and 6, still strongly supported leave so he thought of their futures as much as the rest of us. The hard Remainers need to come off their high horse and accept that they are not the only people entitled to an opinion. I don’t think either of the kids have decided which way they would vote yet. They are more interested in toy cars and gymnastics.

Maybe a high percentage of those who voted remain realised they got it wrong? :lol:

I hope I’ve still got 30+ years on this earth so wouldn’t have jeopardised my retirement funds on a whim.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”