easter 2019

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

easter 2019

Post by Tramp »

Okay its nearly upon us so who is doing what on their motorbikes...weekends away or planned days out...hell hasnt frozen over yet :lol: ...

Me ive started a new job and dont work weekends or public hols anymore...so im out dojng something somewhere...

I remember going to the Galway forest for a weekend 525 mls each way :cry: great meet like many lost forever..
OB1

Re: easter 2019

Post by OB1 »

It's my mum's birthday on Good Friday so I'll be heading up to Lincoln to see her: we're having a bit of a family get together at the Internation Bomber Command Centre (https://internationalbcc.co.uk/) on Easter Saturday as we had a stone laid to commemorate my Granddad last year.

Whilst I'm up there, I think I'll have a look to see if any of the Viking Way (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Way) is accessible to motorised vehicles.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Cone

Post by Cone »

I’m going to France to Phil’s for a week. An extra day courtesy of Brexit. Then I get back for four days and then it’s the Taffy Dakar. The wife’s kind enough to let me go to that on our wedding anniversary!
herman

Post by herman »

Well living in this traffic jam we call the south I wont be going anywhere in particular. I try and work when others are on their enforced holidays so I get to go away when its quiet miserable old git that I am. Ferry to France in a few hours for example :D :D
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

every easter a gang of us from the north west, head to the highlands.this year is no different. all welcome.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Scotland if the weathers looking good, France if not. Hopefully Scotland as the trek south is a day so that's 2 days gone.

Steve
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

OB1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:55 pm It's my mum's birthday on Good Friday so I'll be heading up to Lincoln to see her: we're having a bit of a family get together at the Internation Bomber Command Centre (https://internationalbcc.co.uk/) on Easter Saturday as we had a stone laid to commemorate my Granddad last year.

Whilst I'm up there, I think I'll have a look to see if any of the Viking Way (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Way) is accessible to motorised vehicles.
Best of luck finding parts of the Viking Way to ride. Not ridden it for maybe 10 years and back then large parts around NE Leics/Lincoln border were shut, Buckminster attracts a lot of Police attention due to 'tossers on crossers' and the bits that are left suffered badly in the wet even on enduro bikes.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Easter? .. choccy eggs. of course ;)

at home
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Tonibe63 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:25 pm Best of luck finding parts of the Viking Way to ride. Not ridden it for maybe 10 years and back then large parts around NE Leics/Lincoln border were shut, Buckminster attracts a lot of Police attention due to 'tossers on crossers' and the bits that are left suffered badly in the wet even on enduro bikes.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was wondering how much was accessible as, when you look on an OS map, many parts don't show as open to all traffic, just footpath or bridleway. What got me interested was this route posted in the GPS Route Files section: https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... 43&t=36243
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I'm heading from Glos to Kent next week to do the bottom half of the TET, it feels like a bit of a gamble to be camping solo in march but I'm sure if it all goes wrong I can get some digs...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “THE PUB”