Seat rebuild

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
dibbs

Seat rebuild

Post by dibbs »

Just got back in after a very comfortable 100mile ride home from seeing Chris at sussex motorcycles. I found my standard Africa Twin seat was making me slide forward and needed a bit of extra padding for my bony arse! So i had a memory foam addition to the standard seat and had it raised slightly at the front, and wow what a differance!!!! Chris the guy that did it was very knowledgeable and had already done a couple of AT seats and i could even use the existing seat cover! Result. Can certainly recommend these guys, they do all sorts of bike sseats, and all done while i waited! Took about an hour all in. Great service. And much cheaper than buying a different seat (or 3!) heres there web site

www.sussexmotorcycles.com/elite-comfort ... ycle-seats

This is an after pic (ignore the steptoes yard in the background lol)

ImageUntitled by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152522527@N08/]
Moo

Re: Seat rebuild

Post by Moo »

I've been tempted by them as they've got good recommendations..

In the end i tried it DIY.. bought a sheet of upholstery memory foam from Dunelm for £6 and made the seat on my CRF250L wider and comfier

https://www.dunelm.com/product/memory-f ... 1000083956
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

That photo sums up where he operates from :shock: His ‘workshop’ is an old silo on a farmyard.
He did my Husky seat for £85 and it made a huge difference.
As an enduro bike, I’m not so bothered, but the foam wasn’t trimmed that well or the cover material is a bit thin so it’s not super smooth but it will be easy enough to buy new foam and a cover and redonit myself when I sell. More than happy.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Hahahaha yeah his place does indeed resemble a scrap yard, but im happy i wasnt paying for a fancy showroom, the slurry tank was just fine! Lol.... and i paid £75.00 using my existing seat cover. He did say that his prices were going up from next month though.
Slowrider

Post by Slowrider »

Sussex Motorcycles reupholstered my BMW R1200C seat. Memory foam and a new cover. Great job. The seat was 17 years old, as was the bike, I bought it new in 2000. The new seat made it all so nice and comfortable.
CB500 X with Rally Raid Level 3 Upgrade
Toured in : 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇳🇱 🇪🇸 🇮🇹 🇸🇮 🇭🇷🇳🇴 🇩🇰 🇸🇪 🇫🇮 🇲🇦

BMW R1200C - Bought new in 2000 and I am still in love with it

Return to “TECHNICAL”