Cu80 insurance costs

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Cu80 insurance costs

Post by Tramp »

Okay i was a naughty boy last year and got a cu80 for mobile phone.. Now insurance is due on a few vehicles i use... So anyone know the likely increases or am i destined to be driven by the wife :o :lol: in a few vehicles for 5 years... Hell thats punishment enough :D
Tramp

Re: Cu80 insurance costs

Post by Tramp »

Cant believe no one on hear hasnt been nicked for using a mobile phone in last 7 mnths and had to reinsure something... Or are folks not willing to fess up...
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Mine’s bluetoothed to the car mate. Can’t help I’m afraid.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Nope, as a biker it's something I've a bit of thing about and when out on the bike, even to the extent of 'reminding' any drivers I do see that it's not a good idea :x Weird really as I don't hold other motoring laws such a speeding quite so precious, double standards for me :lol:
When in the car I tend to try and ignore crap driving habits including phone use, although I'm strictly hands free with the phone or it doesn't get used. Not had a call or text yet that was so urgent it couldn't wait.

You does the crime, you pay the fine :D
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

He's paid the fine...he just wants to know if others have had their insurance ramped up as a result of a similar offence.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Just to clarify and further humiliate myself i was driving a hgv as Richard knows...as all jnsurance qutotes are for today only sir and dependent on lots of factors suppose i was asking a lot..

Im named driver on 3 policys so ....no more i get chauffered everywhere :lol: ...other 1 is motorbike so the increase is small as policy is cheap...

Folks that are interested after 5 years im looking at around £1500 extra :cry: :oops: ...yes i answered the phone but my employer was found to be as much to blame as me through their penny pinching and not installing handsfree...im since left this company..
Trev

Post by Trev »

Tramp wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:39 pm Just to clarify and further humiliate myself i was driving a hgv as Richard knows...as all jnsurance qutotes are for today only sir and dependent on lots of factors suppose i was asking a lot..

Im named driver on 3 policys so ....no more i get chauffered everywhere :lol: ...other 1 is motorbike so the increase is small as policy is cheap...

Folks that are interested after 5 years im looking at around £1500 extra :cry: :oops: ...yes i answered the phone but my employer was found to be as much to blame as me through their penny pinching and not installing handsfree...im since left this company..
Absolutely the employer should take some blame (bet they don't help with costs though) as a) not equipping their vehicle (I assume it was theirs or leased to them) with the correct equipment and b) calling you when they knew you were driving.

Wow that's a hefty price for one call, not nice but good on you for letting everyone know the possible consequences
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I have long thought that each vehicle type should have a separate licence.
each vehicle is .. taxed separately .. mot separately ,, insured separately (or multi) .. reported separately .. fuelled separately .. etc …
o .. and separate driving test for each (or transferred entitlement)

but we have the injustice of having all our driving entitlements on ONE licence
very effective, of course, for road safety etc or punishment/ prevention
but a bitch if you get dun in a lorry, but can't use your bike also, or take the kids to school, or get another car driver job?????

one vehicle type .. one licence !!!!

crowd funding anyone?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Gary your wrong... Speeding in a hgv does not effect other licences.. But more serious offences rightly so cover all vehicle on one licence, we have seperate tests for each class of vehicle then another for all crane attachments etc etc... Caching went the till then driver cpc every 5 years..

Return to “THE PUB”