TRF forum still offline

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
johnnyboxer

Re: TRF forum still offline

Post by johnnyboxer »

HedgeHopper wrote:Just remember...there'e a big difference between kneeling down and bending over
Good one
I shall remember that one
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Man of no name

Post by Man of no name »

The fellowship part of the TRF has gone out the window and the emphasis is corporate management and woe betide anyone that disagrees or does not like the way things are run. The wroth of directors will be upon them and from one in particular! The forum was the only way members could communicate their bad experiences of the management who often refuse to take on board constructive criticism or something that they will not support without giving rational explanations. The management did not want that information reaching the masses hence the removal of the TRF forum.

It seems that the way that the directors deal with naughty people is (a) remove them from the membership, or (b), bide their time and wait for an opportunity at a later date to surprise them with a violent verbal attack. Volunteers are treated with disdain unless the volunteer people suck up to them. It is of little wonder that the older members think that they are not wanted anymore and decide enough is enough. People that can see through the new regime are simply not wanted and are warned off or sidelined. The TRF appears to becoming more an enduro club and not for trail riding which is a shame.
Last edited by Man of no name on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Hugh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:31 am Greetings,

the rules by which the TRF is now controlled. The current copy is attached, note the date of the document.

TTFN

Hugh.

application-pdf.pdf
Also interesting is the Directors Code of Conduct Section, paragraph 6.

Many have personal experience of multiple "directors" ( :roll: ) breaking that rule.......
craig orange

Post by craig orange »

As a previous chair of two local groups it is very disheartening to see that the tail is still wagging the dog.
It will be very interesting to see which, if any, directors stand down this year at the AGM. However, I sadly believe that they will rest and and get voted back in by the usual sycophants and those who do not know/see their true colours.
I only rejoined this year as I forgot to cancel the DD, though I fully support the local groups who are doing a fantastic job DESPITE national TRF.

Hugh, you quote "the rules by which the TRF is now controlled" sadly Hugh rules only work if people follow and abide by them, this bunch twist anything and everything to suit themselves.

It's time for people to stand up and be counted, don't be swayed by those who cannot see the damage being caused by the current directors help them to see what is really happening. The TRF ( Let us not forget that means Trail Riders FELLOWSHIP ) has become a corporate monstrosity stamping down on those who question any decision, and, it seems to me that there are some nests being very comfortably feathered !!

Cheers, y'all
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

DavidS wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 pm At the last count, I think only about 30% of members were signed up on facebook and only a percentage of them would probably use it so the coverage is low. I’d rather not be on it as it’s a dreadful thing with seemingly non existent security but it’s the only way to keep any sort of contact.
The problem comes in that the sort of people who use FB for marketing their wares or pushing their ideas whatever they be, have a perception that "everyone" they want to communicate with, is on FB too... They are wrong!
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

As I don't want to to get involved with facebook, cliquey little gangs or pay for the bunch of ego maniacs at the top's shenanigans have voted with my feet, and not renewed my membership.

Enough people doing the same is the only thing that'll make any difference, as can't see them ever listening to the masses opinions - sadly!
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

craig orange wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 am The TRF ( Let us not forget that means Trail Riders FELLOWSHIP ) has become a corporate monstrosity stamping down on those who question any decision, and, it seems to me that there are some nests being very comfortably feathered !!

Cheers, y'all
Do tell more about the "nest feathering"....... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Self promotion and Linked-In profile building is one thing, however.......
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

Looks like it's up and running again............no apology or explanation to members though.

2 Yams
craig orange

Post by craig orange »

It would appear from a post on Loddon Vale facebook page that Dave Carling closed it down. https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/do ... w&id=91565
Attachments
IMG_2693.PNG
IMG_2693.PNG (120.7 KiB) Viewed 7305 times
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

So far as I can research in the context for this discussion a moderator is "someone who makes sure that the rules of an internet discussion are not broken, for example by removing any threatening or offensive comments" or "someone who mediates between parties at variance".

I can not find anywhere that states that the moderator must submit to the will of either side. The role appears to ensure that rules are not broken by the role of moderator remaining neutral referring to the constitution of the group.

Those folk who I know, over the past three years or so, offered to serve as moderators were all dismissed from Membership for singularly not supporting one side - and I leave to you to decide which side that is!

Perhaps one should be aware of the Dispute Resolution clause, which so far as I am aware has not been upheld in the past despite being requested at the time.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”