TRF forum still offline

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
ScottHeyden

Re: TRF forum still offline

Post by ScottHeyden »

2 Yams wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:49 pm
ScottHeyden wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:52 pm
2 Yams wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:15 am
ScottHeyden wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:19 pm I have asked the Northern region director to update.
Looks like it's all quiet on the northern front then?

2 Yams
Hoping for an update from Doug at our committee meeting tomorrow night Rod

Thanks Scott, hope your able to pass on any information......if you get it.

2 Yams
Not a lot to update, a suitable volunteer to moderate the forum is still being sought.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:16 pm
I also wonder when the last quorate AGM was, when the next one is scheduled for, and where and when the minutes of the Board Meetings are posted? Also, when was the Chairman elected, and by whom?

The TRF now seems infested with a 'elf&safety' culture which has come about through a continuing switch to organised events putting lots of riders into certain honeypot areas.

According to the last accounts posted, the TRF had a six-figure financial reserve...there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of accountability about how it is spent. We do get a colour magazine four time a year though...with lots of pictures of the Chairman in it.

When issues were raised on the Forum, posts were deleted and members threatened and banned. This does not inspire confidence in the current leadership.

When/if things change, I might rejoin.
Until more members vote at the AGM (either by attending or by proxy) there will be no change at National level.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Serious question...when and where was the last AGM held?
chipy

Post by chipy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:34 am Serious question...when and where was the last AGM held?
Did i see last years was cancelled because of the bad weather?
1980 rs100, 1986 DT50 mx, 1990 fj1200, 1998 zzr600, 2003 R1150r, 2007 G650Xcountry, 2012 Honda wave 110, 2014 Beta alp 4.0, 2014 Beta alp 200, 2020 xt1200z
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

"Crossrutted" is quite correct - but it is very important that the Members are fully aware of the rules by which the TRF is now controlled. The current copy is attached, note the date of the document. To maintain balance I must also say that the Directors have all done and do sterling work for the TRF, although I understand that some is financially contracted.

Allow me to draw your attention to just two sections. Take a good luck at the opening statements in section 1, which clearly sets out the controls held by the Directors. Surely the opening statement of such a document should be about the good of the Membership? I am not against the Directors having controls but only by support, "SPQR".

Check out sections 3.3 & 3.12 and reflect upon how the Groups are controlled! So far as I am aware none of these control features were positively agreed by the Group Chairmen, who now find that there could be sanctions. My own expulsion was officially stated about my following the explicit instructions of my then Group, you were collectively told otherwise. (Some have seen the correspondence so know the real truth.)

The 'devil is in the detail' as there have been a number of major changes over the previous versions. These changes, to my interpretation, have been adopted solely to allow the Directors greater control over the Groups and the individuals.

I understand that a respected Member of long standing has recently been expelled for challenging the Directors, but again Dispute Resolution will not be enacted. If you openly oppose the Directors then you will be sanctioned. If you don't, then you must accept the Directors and their Byelaws.

TTFN

Hugh.
application-pdf.pdf
(404.22 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Regarding the "forum".
If there was a will to keep it running then it would be.
Having been a moderator of a forum with significantly less members, but significantly more "traffic", I'm aware of some of the issues.

You need more than one moderator.
You need a clear policy of what constitutes an unacceptable post.
You need a clear policy concerning how posts are moderated. EG.
Spam: remove, ban the member.
Inappropriate language: edit and warn the writer.
Abuse towards other members: edit or remove and warn the writer.
Posts which may have legal ramifications for the organisation: remove and inform the writer.
Repeat offenders: warn then ban if necessary.
Etc.
The moderation also needs to be reviewed by other moderators to ensure consistency and balance (we all have had days).
A log of offending posts should be kept to enable further review if required.

This takes time, but in my experience, respectful feedback to "offenders" and editing of posts, as opposed to wholesale post/thread removal with no feedback, works. It makes the task easier in the long run. It concerns me that on a number of occasions I've seen topics or threads removed. Especially when at least one Director has contributed to the topic which, one would imagine, gives the discussion some ligitimacy. When I was a member I did approach the Directors about this and, after waiting months for a reply, was not given a satisfactory reply. I let it lie. I wasn't inclined to keep hitting my head against that wall.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

Not a lot to update, a suitable volunteer to moderate the forum is still being sought.
[/quote]

I would have thought getting someone to meet the directors requirements might be quite difficult.......probably more chance of finding some "rocking horse shit"

2 Yams
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Rod you just need to find a puppet to fit on the arm of the controller :lol:
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Just remember...there'e a big difference between kneeling down and bending over
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

bill_qaz wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:23 pm Rod you just need to find a puppet to fit on the arm of the controller :lol:
Now there's a thought :roll:

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”