Travel partner/s for euro bike trip wanted

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
prg4967

Re: Travel partner/s for euro bike trip wanted

Post by prg4967 »

When my ex went awol I booked on a weeks tour with a group around Southern Spain, road down there alone, back alone...was the best thing I done...time alone riding you bike gives you time to get your head straight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I prefer solo or chosen buddys ....have a look maybe on the africatwin forum ....not everyone is confident posting on forums...

Europe in May us great especially northern spain down to the med....sure you will sort sonething out and some folks do like company :lol: .....
Tink

Post by Tink »

Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Welcome Aboard

If its may your going why not have a look at the Ireland rally.

Or if its April have a bimble into Scotland on the Ardnamurchan trip

both only short but you will meet like minded folk
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
markoh

Post by markoh »

Hi Sean,
Why don't you come to the Malvern Hills rally (8-10 March) and meet some of us there.
https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=47706
Cheers
Mark
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Rederic wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:59 pm Welcome Aboard

If its may your going why not have a look at the Ireland rally.

Or if its April have a bimble into Scotland on the Ardnamurchan trip

both only short but you will meet like minded folk
Give this one a try, ABR Ireland, its a good event and due to a change in circumstances looks also looks like I will be going after all. Travel over solo into Dublin on the Friday morning and then up in a few hours. Excellent venue and camping. You will meet some like minded folk there. There is nothing like hopping on board a ferry to France and parking your bike to then hear a familiar voice from the ABR a few months previously calling your name, as you head off on an adventure. On that occasion I was travelling solo.

I wander off to France, I live only 5 miles from the ferry port that also has a twice a week crossing to Santander. However I go for 3 weeks at a time as I like to chill out here.

Getting compatible travel partners is a lot harder than you might think. Its not just getting along, its having similar expectations, riding style, daily ride lengths, temperament, flexibility and more. I have been very lucky as I have a good mate I can travel with. We don't do hotels, like camping and love the rural municipal camp sites in France. The bike gets a lot of use, its done 19,000 miles since last June.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
m4ckk13

Post by m4ckk13 »

seanwhite876 wrote:Lol sorry guys, new to all this forum thing!!

I have just purchased a brand new Honda Africa Twin hence HAT haha.

It's the tri colour 2018 model got a great deal on it so no brainer.

I'm 45 and single and looking for a travel partner for a road trip, maybe sail to spain, across to france then Italy and then up to Austria and Germany and back across to calais.

Or a shorter trip not really worried.
Most of my friends habe sports bikes and are married so not allowed out Haha.

Sean
HAT... I'm jealous already...
Is it dct too?

BMW Motorad Days is a great experience.
July though.

Europe is fantastic when sunny Image

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

seanwhite876 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:02 pm Money and time isn't really an issue.

Just rather be with someone for a laugh and share the trip as bit boring alone.

Got to get 600 miles on bike before I go for its first service then I'll not have to worry about mileage

Sean
Welcome!

Gotta say, I have done 3-4 days trips on my tod quite happily in the past and thoroughly enjoyed the ride and the space between my ears, and equally had good times riding with others. Some of the good memories have been on a campsite with not a Brit about and chatting (or attempting to) with locals.

I can recall (just) a long and involved conversation once on a site in N France on my way back, where there was a massive fishing lake with loads of French fishermen and their wives stopping in caravans and chalets. I pitched my tent, cooked some supper and went for a wander, 2 hours later after too many beers and much nonsense and crap talked about fishing and motos (in franglais mostly!) I went to bed. Huge smiles and waves when I left the following morning.... Just another experience ... I still know FA about carp fishing!! :lol:

When I first crossed into Yurrup in the early 80's, it was with a mate and the real advantage was the saving in accommodation costs...! :lol:

Still the same if you trundle through France and use the cheapie Hotels where a room can be had for 30-35 yo-yos which for two, is cheap enough.

Return to “TRAVEL”