EDC Morocco, Africa, Sept 2019. Open invite for a free On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Agg(Skinny)

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2019. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

Hi Wibo, looking at your route last year I think it is best for us to meet you on the 1st day. El central Spain otherwise we end up too far west. Do use the Motril crossing? Us 3 can do sightseeing on the way back. And it's a easy ride for us from Santander. YamTen/Mikektm pack light we are not going to Tarifa. There decision made. :lol:
Schoe000

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2019. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by Schoe000 »

Hi Guys,

I would like to join you guys on this trip. Still got to get holiday booked. Am self sufficient done a good amount of off road, will be on a Husky te630. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Cheers Nick
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

No problem Nick

Keep us posted ...

I normally rendezvous with any Irish/UK riders south of Madrid lattitude the evening after they dock.

I’ll work out routes and edit into Page One of the invite periodically so you’ll need to monitor that as the year goes on.

Mid February already ... not long zooming in!!

I’ll put you down on the list of riders and if any circumstances change by all means just ping to keep us appraised.

All the best

:)

Will It Buff Out?
BobH

Post by BobH »

Gents,

I will throw it out there, if anyone wishes to discuss the trip, kit or bike prep please feel free to contact me on 07951103717. I have been on the last two trips with Keith, following mainly through idle curiosity. The trip is great but can be challenging at times due to unexpected weather, fresh fish (Fesh Fesh) and or kit/bike prep. I have ridden a KTM 990 on the first trip and then a 650 on the 2nd so can give a perspective on heavier and lighter bikes. Anyway feel free to discuss should you wish another perspective, free most days and nights (Im off that week) as I have also taken early retirement or when discussing with the 'long haired colonel' I am between jobs (albeit the gap is getting bigger).
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

WIBO wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 pm
qwerty wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 pm Yeah all good with me Keith, Hope you're good too Bud. Just been busy (doing what I don't know..) Saw Al and a few of the other ABC boys for a Herefordshire/wales muddy ride out at the weekend.
I did mean to pop up a brief ride report of my maroc run but never got round to it, but just to say its really worth getting a maroc sim mine was 59 dirham for 4 gigs, I had it for 10 days great for checking maps, weather, whats app etc

Also I did Marrakech to the tangier med then crossed stayed at a good hotel just outside port Algeciras, it allowed for a easy ride to Caceres, I had the afternoon for a good look around. I'll try find hotel

Lastly Happy Birthday Fella 🎂 Its around now isn't it ?

Rog
Good update young man!!!

Yes ... birthday end of January ... 55yr old doddering, thraan old fool !!! Can’t believe I’ve been retired for 16 yrs already !!!

Let me know if you want to go to Maroc etc eh ?

All the best

:)

Doddering old fool 😂 I was 50 just before your Bday, or 18 with 32 yrs experience. I've no plans for this year at the mo Keith going to do a few weekend trips, maybe a bit of the uk tet, or jump on the ferry and do the portugal tet. But No Plans for Maroc
Have a good one 👍🏻
the Hotel in algeciracs is called Hotel Mirador del Estrecho it was about 40 euros plus underground secure parking for 6 euros be cheaper if buddying up.
Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

BobH thank you for the offer of advice, I'm sure that you will be contacted by at least one of us if not all at some time. I have done the same, 1 year Morocco on a 990s then another year on a ttr600. One year worrying about a 1 year old bike and one year not worrying at all. They both have pluses and minuses. I hope I have found a happy medium with the gs650 dakar? Really looking forward to this trip not been for 7 years.
Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

Schoe000, how ya doing buddy. Where abouts are you riding from? As you can see we are going from Plymouth on the 15th. What's your plan we could meet up en-route.
Schoe000

Post by Schoe000 »

Agg(Skinny) wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:04 pm Schoe000, how ya doing buddy. Where abouts are you riding from? As you can see we are going from Plymouth on the 15th. What's your plan we could meet up en-route.
Hi Skinny,

I am down in Devon so only an hour from Plymouth so should see you guys on the ferry. I am not sure of my plans yet, they will develop as we get closer. My current work contract finishes 1st September and am not sure how long i can go for, but at the moment I am thinking of going for a month, going on the 15th from Santander and doing the ride with you guys and then going up through Portugal on the way home doing the ATC Portugal https://www.adventurecountrytracks.com/ ... -portugal/ . I also have a biker mate that live near Cadiz and might spend some time around there.

I will be doing several of the bike festival between now and September it would be good to meet some of the guys before the trip. I am at the Overland event next weekend and will be at the Hubb in June. Really looking forward to the trip.

Cheers Nick
Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

The 3 of us me/Yamten and Mikektm are doing the ABR festival in July, not done it before but this year looking like it is going to be a big event. Trying to lose some weight on the GS. Currently just have wheels :lol: :lol:
Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

Hi all, advice please. Me and a couple of others are joining Wibo on his Morocco trip this year, I have been morocco twice before but vanned down through Spain. This time riding all the way, have previously used twinduro's .I'm on a gs650 dakar and would like you input to what tyre you would recomend. I don't want to arrive in Morocco with a bald back tyre after a 1000 mile road ride. Many thanks in advance. I shall ask BobH as he has done it twice before.

Return to “TRAVEL”