EDC Morocco, Africa, Sept 2019. Open invite for a free On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Agg(Skinny)

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2019. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

Hi ya Wibo, as said by YamTen count us 3 in. Dates are really important to me to get booked off at work. I have a friend in Tarifa where we will stay the night before crossing over to Morocco. Does this work with you? 2 of us have been morocco before but used 2 different crossing points (can't remember what one you use) if anyone else needs to leave kit at Tarifa and collect on the way back please let me know it won't be a problem.
WIBO

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2019. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by WIBO »

Good afternoon.....

No problem with the gracious Tarifa offer. We can decide if it is required at a later date?

Reference departure dates....I"m retired and can pretty much leave anytime in September so normally it can depend on ferry times from the UK.

Any French riders going don't need to factor that in.

If you check ferry times and note some dates here then that can give us a start date?

Take into account the fastest of Brittany ferries and to think of an early docking time in Spain as opposed to late afternoon times? All from the start of September? Santander is usually the earliest I'd say.

All the best

:D
Will It Buff Out?
BobH

Post by BobH »

Quick look flags the following:

Sun 15th Sept PO to BB - dep 2230 - arr 0745 on 16th
Wed 18th PO to BB - 1145 - 1245 on 19th
Sun 22nd PO to BB - 2230 - 0745 on 23rd

I think I am off those days too :)
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

BobH wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:57 am Quick look flags the following:

Sun 15th Sept PO to BB - dep 2230 - arr 0745 on 16th
Wed 18th PO to BB - 1145 - 1245 on 19th
Sun 22nd PO to BB - 2230 - 0745 on 23rd

I think I am off those days too :)

Thanks Bob!!

(I'll have wee peep at Plymouth Santander later too.)

I think you are indeed off those days too!!

Will It Buff Out?
Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

All concerned, any of those dates suit me, but I do like the look of the 15/9 crossing. Docking at 7.45am would give us enough time to get to Salamanca and maybe have a glass of wine :roll: was that crossing from Plymouth or Portsmouth? Can't seem to find them times on Brittany web site.
Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

Sorry just see it's from Portsmouth. How many days are we in Morocco for? Cheers
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Hi Guys have a great trip just a heads up the 15/09 sailing that arrives at 7:45am is a two night sailing so it will arrive on the 17th.

The Plymouth sailings leave on the Sunday about 3:30pm and arrive monday midday ish depending on tides

hope that helps 👍🏻😀
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Great stuff....thanks young man. You've been off the radar...all well ?

Will It Buff Out?
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Yeah all good with me Keith, Hope you're good too Bud. Just been busy (doing what I don't know..) Saw Al and a few of the other ABC boys for a Herefordshire/wales muddy ride out at the weekend.
I did mean to pop up a brief ride report of my maroc run but never got round to it, but just to say its really worth getting a maroc sim mine was 59 dirham for 4 gigs, I had it for 10 days great for checking maps, weather, whats app etc

Also I did Marrakech to the tangier med then crossed stayed at a good hotel just outside port Algeciras, it allowed for a easy ride to Caceres, I had the afternoon for a good look around. I'll try find hotel

Lastly Happy Birthday Fella 🎂 Its around now isn't it ?

Rog
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Agg(Skinny) wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:29 pm Sorry just see it's from Portsmouth. How many days are we in Morocco for? Cheers
I can work with your dates ref your leave, to profit from as many days in Maroc as possible .... once I know your maximum days available I’ll try and factor in routes to allow any one to escape earlier back to Europe.

:)

Will It Buff Out?

Return to “TRAVEL”