2019... Whats everyone up too.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tink

Re: 2019... Whats everyone up too.

Post by Tink »

VR_Rider wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm Sounds like their is lots planned for 2019, interesting hearing what people are up too.

My own goals for this year are cycle related.

cover 1000 miles this.

Cover 50 miles on one ride

Find my climbing legs!

I would also like to maybe have a long weekend away cycling in the UK. Tempted to do coast to coast at the narrow bit.
You will achieve that👍... I go out mountain biking and road biking twice a week ,usually do 30 miles each trip on mountain bike some times more depending on how wet and muddy it is😁... Did a 64 mile trip on road bike last summer over Yorkshire dales in a day 👍.... Enjoy your biking 🍻🍻

P.s. how come you got rid of motorcycle?
VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

Hi,

Yeah I think the target is very achievable. Last year I got a road bike in June and started going out twice a week and clocked up 500 miles from than. Just want to build things up gradually. Don't want the target to take the fun out of riding!

As for the motorbike I use to only have a motorbike for about 8 years than for about 2 years I commuted to work with my wife Abbie in the car. When I went back to only commuting by motorbike as her Job changed I just didn't enjoy it and couldn't afford both a car and a motorbike. Decided to give owning a car a go. Spent two weeks not enjoying the commute and decided its not the right attitude to ride a motorbike.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Motorcycle commuting, especially in heavy traffic is definitely one way of putting you off bikes. I sometimes have to remind myself that motorcycles at any other time are ace.

On the motorcycle this year it's either a wander down to Rome or over to Romania (I fancy a look round Transylvania). Either way it's going to be a 3 or 4 week trip 8-)

On the eMTB it's a train ride to a far-off place (OK maybe 30 or 40 miles) and a ride back along the trails or canals. Also maybe a camping trip to the Lakes as there's a good resource for MTB routes to investigate at http://www.pedalnorth.com/content/lake- ... mtb-routes
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

MCC Exeter Trial (done)

MCC Lands End Trail

Bit of trail riding (Bristol, Devon, Wales, Wilts)

2 week trip to the Balkans on the road bike

Planning for a 2020 TAT trip to mark turning 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “THE PUB”