ABR Festival 2019 - Who's Going

Come and join us at Ragley Hall for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment
Alun

Re: ABR Festival 2019

Post by Alun »

Apophis wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:18 pm most turn up in vans or cars with trailers and campervans so not really a bike rally

I've just checked last years attendence and there were 26 Vans/cars/Campers and 465 motorcycles. That's a fact.

And, riders who turn up in car's with trailers, vans and campervans are welcome at the ABR Festival. As are all and any makes, style and size of motorcycle.

In short, everyone is made welcome, novice, veteran or.....anywhere in between.
andrew882

Post by andrew882 »

I've been to the last couple of the ABR rallies and I have to say they've been brilliant.

As a point of reference, I had a great time talking to people who had arrived on everything from GS panzers to campervans to C90s.

The people in the next tent to me had toured around a fair chunk of Africa on an old DRZ400 and a Transalp (I think), the bikes were well worn and the stories were fascinating, so I reckon they probably counted as adventure riders (and definitely as top people to spend a few hours with).

Bloody brilliant weekend and a bargain too, roll on July!
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Alun wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:40 pm
PHILinFRANCE wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:35 pm I'll be there , its only about a 1000km run up on me 21 year old Donk ......................... ;)

That's great to hear Phil, we missed you last year.
Cheers Alun , life got in the way last year ................................for anyone thinking about it its a cracking do get yourselves there
Apophis

Post by Apophis »

Not saying there are not a lot of bikes turn up and I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy the two I came to in a sheep field in Banbury with no water I’ve done it, I just outlined in my original post that there are so many keyboard warriors that say I’ll be there and then don’t turn up I have been to ABR rally’s or should I say rallies advertised in here that if all that say are coming turned up would be a mega festival

And I didn’t go last year because it was 25 quid to camp in a sheep field with no water plus it was pre order tickets and no pay on turn up I’m not saying
You guys aren’t putting effort into it
You are confirming numbers prior to turn up and that is a shame that the smaller rallies may have to turn that way as well
Every day is an adventure
Coyotedavebmw

Post by Coyotedavebmw »

I endorse what has been said by the mods. Nothing is free these days.

There is a big difference in a weekend rally and an event/festival..

I've done the club rally's of the 70s and 80s, don't remember getting home sometimes.

I've done the organised FIM rally's.

I've done Iron butt rides, 3erd one this year in June.

Adventure riding takes in many forms, getting kit on and getting bike of garage is an adventure sometimes.

Wether it be 30 mile ride to cafe or a 30 thousand mile world tour there's no difference, your on your bike and that's what counts.

Cheers Dave.
Mobile motorcycle cleaning/vatet services.
Facebook. @DAVE1734
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

Apophis wrote:Not saying there are not a lot of bikes turn up and I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy the two I came to in a sheep field in Banbury with no water I’ve done it, I just outlined in my original post that there are so many keyboard warriors that say I’ll be there and then don’t turn up I have been to ABR rally’s or should I say rallies advertised in here that if all that say are coming turned up would be a mega festival

And I didn’t go last year because it was 25 quid to camp in a sheep field with no water plus it was pre order tickets and no pay on turn up I’m not saying
You guys aren’t putting effort into it
You are confirming numbers prior to turn up and that is a shame that the smaller rallies may have to turn that way as well
I’m guessing your more of a ‘glass half empty’ person? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I went with a friend to see a film in Bermondsey Sunday & bought us 2 Gin & Tonics. Why am I mentioning this you say?

That ticket & 2 drinks cost me feckin £39, I didn't even enjoy the film that much!

Long winded way of me saying the price is hardly excessive & offers pretty good value for money, right up until the point I drop the bike on a test track :lol:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Tom94

Post by Tom94 »

£39 is more than reasonable in my eyes, each to their own :? Hopefully be there this year after a few years away from ABR
Tink

Post by Tink »

I haven't got an adventure bike, but have a sports tourer is this allowed 🙄
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Tink wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm I haven't got an adventure bike, but have a sports tourer is this allowed 🙄
I would say so.... you still have adventures on it don’t you 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)

Return to “ABR Festival 2019”