FC Moto Customer Service

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
HedgeHopper

Re: FC Moto Customer Service

Post by HedgeHopper »

Seeing as defeatism is apparently the new British national character, it will be a struggle to get past this.......... but I am hopefull ;)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Perhaps we'll start supporting our local motorcycle shops again?

That would be a nice outcome.
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

My last few experiences with Amazon have been similar, wrong product or defective product and a nightmare to get it sorted out. I live about 10 minutes from their call centre and the threat to call up to them seems to be the only effective card. I buy a lot less from them now.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 36,400 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles
BobH

Post by BobH »

Regarding supporting local businesses, unfortunately on many occasions I go to buy something and they cannot afford to stock all the sizes and colours etc. So they then have to order on the internet. There are also few companies that post great deals but the reality is that they actually don't have the stock despite registering they do, hence the long waiting times. I tried to buy a tent last year and despite a 2 month wait and multiple smoke screen emails they finally admitted they could not get one in for the price quoted and reluctantly refunded me.

Currently my go to shop is https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk they usually carry all the stock and with free returns you can order sizes above and below and choose the right one if you can't get to their store. They do stock most things albeit mainly road focused but if they expanded to cover items as per Adventure Spec/Warehouse I could see them mopping up. Just ordered the right pants from them, in stock next day delivery - what it says on the tin :)
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

Bought a pair of Rukka trousers and wasnt impressed with the service or attitude from FC Moto. I was also told as it wasnt bought in the UK it wasnt covered by a UK warranty which is absolute rubbish and had hell of lot of trouble to get them repaired. Never again!
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Another thumbs up for the Sportsbike Shop. Great range and excellent service.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Another +1 for sportsbikeshop.co.uk ...they are also Very good on service, which I found out recently after I ordered the wrong size boots
They deserve to do well
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I recently needed a new spark plug. No big deal, but I don't live in a town so I ordered one on-line from a well known UK supplier of automotive consumables. It was shown as being in stock, with delivery promised in two working days.

So I ordered it. Two working days later I got a confessional email...they said it was in stock, but it wasn't, but it was in stock at their supplier, so delivery would take another two working days.

Two working days later...another confessional email. it wasn't actually in stock with their supplier, either. But is was in stock with their supplier's supplier. It would take a week to deliver.

I then called my local motor factor. Even though they are predominantly a car outlet...yes, they had the plugs in stock on the shelf. I was gong into town anyway that day, so picked it up.

Buyer beware...a lot of these 'virtual' shops seem to have 'virtual' stock as well.
sven

Post by sven »

The rubber seat pad on my Rev-it Sand II pants tore and FC Moto sorted the repair very quickly. The only downside was that I had to pay for the postage back to Germany. This was in 2015 though
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Furter to the increasing shittiness of dealings with German companies, DHL are getting more crap than ever at fullfilling deliveries to Us.
Carefull dealing with them, they seem to have no worries about pissing off British customers at the moment, it will cost them in the end.

Return to “THE PUB”