Ultra Low Emission Zone

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveR

Re: Ultra Low Emission Zone

Post by SteveR »

Just read the full page ad in Ride about this and had a look online, nothing I own is now acceptable in London. :(

Probably won't bother me much, as I rarely go there, and the only time I have gone into the ULEZ is when I am whizzing across the city from NW London en route for Dover, after stopping with my Sister overnight. Have to hope Garmin/Tomtom and Google Maps put an avoid ULEZ in their routing .

What are local riders doing...? Getting shot of their old kit?? I can now see the justification of an electric bike for the first (and only) time!! :mrgreen:
herman

Post by herman »

Southampton is having an Lez before long so I will be declining work and my poor mate Clive that has cycled everywhere for years but has an old Toyota van and older bikes will be totally screwed.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Yep we need 5 new lorrys at 160,00 quid each... Best way to cut pollution is make mothers and kids walk and remove traffic lights lol..
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

The zone is extending out to the north circular A406 too, so those that think it's only the inner centre and don't care then you are wrong.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
No5

Post by No5 »

Ridiculous idea, the only bike I have that I can use in London is my TE300 2 stroke enduro bike. The Xjr and Ttr are to old.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Here's how silly it is.

My KTM 950 with standard cat exhausts is deemed dirty.

My neighbour's KTM 990 with aftermarket (legal) cans and no cats, is deemed clean.

And motorcycles are not a significant contributor to London's air pollution

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/anton- ... 00686.html

In fact, is this charge encourages modal shift from powered two-wheelers to other modes, the toll will increase pollution and congestion.

But TfL hates motorcycles.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Tramp wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 pm Yep we need 5 new lorrys at 160,00 quid each... Best way to cut pollution is make mothers and kids walk and remove traffic lights lol..
ROFL, gotta agree on the Chelsea Tractor driving Mothers, I see it around here where one I know of drives about a mile, parks and then walks 50yds with her sprogs to school, and then drives back home. All rather than simply walking 150yds straight to school.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

redbikejohn wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pm The zone is extending out to the north circular A406 too, so those that think it's only the inner centre and don't care then you are wrong.
And will probably move again if TfL can get away with it...?

From my POV, I can still visit my Sister without the penalty charge, but it really does feel like a tax on those less well off living down there. Us lucky folks can just avoid London :mrgreen:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

They are pricing the working poor out of London...then they will complain they can't get cleaners, carers etc.

It will be left to the hyper-rich and the unemployable.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:55 am They are pricing the working poor out of London...then they will complain they can't get cleaners, carers etc.

It will be left to the hyper-rich and the unemployable.
Time to move....

Return to “THE PUB”