Tyres

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Teflon Jnr

Tyres

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Hey all been looking at new boots for my 990 adv has anyone had any experience with the Pirelli str rally or the Michelin anakee wild I mainly do road riding but want to venture further a field up trails etc I ride a lot of single track roads with the usual grass middle I'm looking for a decent compromise between road grip and trail/single track grip
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
mechanic

Re: Tyres

Post by mechanic »

Anakee wilds used. Good block tread reasonably self cleaning in mud, good on road for a nobble. No experience of the Pirelli. Michelin are premium tyres.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

BobH

Post by BobH »

I use the Mefo Super Explorer. Did a trip to Morocco and back last year, still have loads of tread left. Great on the road and trails. May struggle a little on deep mud but with a look.
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

I’ve just taken a set of the Annakee wilds off of my 800gs, they took a while to ‘bed in’, they didn’t like white lines or striations in the road and lasted about three months, less than four thousand miles. The last half of their life they were very similar to the TKC 80’s and were quite confidence inspiring grip wise.
I’ve gone back to Heidenau K60’s, just for their longevity. (And they were £140 a pair on the interweb from Wheelhouse Tyres delivered next day)
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Mefo super explorer rear, MT21 front. Run at normal pressures. Turn the front on rim every 1500 miles, or when the tread ramps up,and it'll last 5k easily on the road. (I personally just swap the discs over, quicker and saves getting the spoons out :P )
Usually change both at about 5k, but rear still have 2 or 3k left in it. (Normally because I'm going off piste)
Mefo about 100 and mt about 65 if you shop around.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

IMAG2960.jpg
IMAG2960.jpg (69.52 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
Got K60s on mine, great tyre, Good road maners..😎
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

The latest episode of Adventure Bike TV reviews a few http://www.adventurebiketv.com/
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

Pirelli scorpion rally str,just on my second rear.good grip on and off road,but lucky if you get 4k from a rear. red eric of this parish put a good review about them somewhere on the site.
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

Pirelli scorpion rally str,just on my second rear.good grip on and off road,but lucky if you get 4k from a rear. red eric of this parish put a good review about them somewhere on the site.

Return to “TECHNICAL”