2018 Honda Africa twin adventure sport For Sale

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Lee950

2018 Honda Africa twin adventure sport For Sale

Post by Lee950 »

I bought this and it was delivered on thursday (Yes 2 days ago!) I got it to modify to use in some desert roadbook rallys but after riding on the road and looking at what is needed to get it ready for rallys I think I am best to stick with the 950 ktm I already have.
It is still on E bay the honda dealer I bought it off have not removed it yet but it is as in the pictures I have only done about 10 miles on it on dry roads, It was a demo bike and comes with 18 month's left of the Honda warranty. Details are the same as in the E bay ad but the price is £10,000 no daft offers!

Link to ad https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CRF100 ... %7Ciid%3A1

Thanks Lee.
zimtim

Re: 2018 Honda Africa twin adventure sport For Sale

Post by zimtim »

Take it back to the dealer for a.full refund.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

You should have had a longer test ride before buying
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Have you heard of the KTM Super Enduro - may be a better choice for your purpose.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

Lee950 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 am I bought this and it was delivered on thursday (Yes 2 days ago!) I got it to modify to use in some desert roadbook rallys but after riding on the road and looking at what is needed to get it ready for rallys I think I am best to stick with the 950 ktm I already have.
It is still on E bay the honda dealer I bought it off have not removed it yet but it is as in the pictures I have only done about 10 miles on it on dry roads, It was a demo bike and comes with 18 month's left of the Honda warranty. Details are the same as in the E bay ad but the price is £10,000 no daft offers!

Link to ad https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CRF100 ... %7Ciid%3A1

Thanks Lee.
Have you asked the dealer if they will take it back at 10k?

Best of luck mate.
Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

Must not listen to the voices in my head........... God damm thats a nice bike :D
All the best with the sale and if a guy comes knocking your door with two black eyes it will be me.
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'
Lee950

Post by Lee950 »

I made some progress with the bike yesterday, if all else fails read the manual :roll: Changed the torque control, power, and engine breaking settings and turned the rear abs off so now I can ride how i want to without the ecu cutting in and spoiling the fun.

I and it seems others saw the 3 screws on the side of the fairing thinking it was for easy access to the air filters instead of taking the fairing off like you have to on the 16/ 17, I found out when I got the bike I was wrong they just hold the badge on :( Very carefully I took it apart yesterday and even with my short fuse managed to get to the filter and re assamble without breaking anything, not quite the nightmare I was expecting :D

Also I can see a way of getting a road book holder and Ico on the bike without major mods, I will only be able to see the dash when on full lock but it is only much good as a mirror any way :lol:

Suppose what I am saying is I might be keeping it.
Lee950

Post by Lee950 »

So now done a couple of rallys on this (Sahari rally and africa eco race) and it is showing signs of a few crashes :)
Damage to the bike is both fairing panels one cracked one partly missing, the black plastic piece that runs from the back of the rad to the tank which might be part of the fairing panel? (On the left side sitting on the bike) fuel tank but does not leak, 3 of the indicators are damaged, some damage to the number plate plastic bracket, barkbuster plastic parts heavily scuffed from memory I think the brackets are still good, heavy scuffs to bumot sump guard, ABS light flashing. (which was a good thing, no abs) Slightly damaged left side foot rest/ holder but easy to straighten.
Runs fine no issues. Not looked at the mileage but I think it must be around 6000 miles Still on original pads!
I have the original wheels complete with very good tyres, the original sump guard, screen, light bar thingy, foot peg rubbers.
Also there are 2 sets of rally wheels, honda hubs with rally width excel gold rims, some damage to rims but still useable, these are fitted with Michelin desert tyres and mousses.

Would be ideal for someone looking to fit african queens/ red moto front rally screen etc to
IMG_0781.JPG
IMG_0781.JPG (113.07 KiB) Viewed 3795 times
Sensible offers invited but not going to give it away, if needs be it will go in to storage until parts become available second hand.
httphttps://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum/downlo ... w&id=90724

Mechanically sound it has been well looked after on the rally, also got about £4,000 worth of new spares for it.

It is on a boat from africa right now but will be on the south east coast next weekend then on route to the north midlands soon after if any one would like to view it on route. Navigation equipment will be removed before sale.

Thanks Lee.
Attachments
IMG_0827.JPG
IMG_0827.JPG (129.88 KiB) Viewed 3795 times
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Blimey Lee, you have got some damage there!! and as a fellow Africa Twin owner there was me crying because I slightly bent my Givi crash bars!!! some of the bits you have trashed are quite expensive im sure you are aware but good for you for doing the Eco Rally, I did see a couple of clips of your bike on the intro to the show etc. Still im sure you'll get something back for the bike and it beats paying £25,000 for a KTM rally bike I guess! any chance of letting us have a rally report from your perspective as I for one would love to know how the AT delivered in what looked like a very tough race, and do you buy new bikes for each race that you do?
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Top effort Lee 8-)

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”