Hello from Mid Wales

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Sweaty Sock

Hello from Mid Wales

Post by Sweaty Sock »

Hi all, just joined here, been on the GSer forum for a while, but getting more adventurous :?
Have an 18yr old 1150 and looking for a 250 for some smaller adventures locally where the Beemer would be a liability, and I'm getting too old to keep picking it up! :roll:
Sandy
Griff097

Re: Hello from Mid Wales

Post by Griff097 »

Welcome, I am sure there are some boys near to you on here, Sweet lamb do some adventure bike training or Yamaha off road are both near you if you want pointers in how to avoid picking it upso often :)
Sweaty Sock

Post by Sweaty Sock »

Thanks Griff, I have a birthday soon and my wife is buying me a training day! As for picking it up, I think not having such a bloody heavy lump of a bike would help... although I am tempted to put on some Heidenau mixed tyres on and doing the training!!!!! :o
I am in Montgomeryshire- far North Powys, far far away from Cardiff... but if you fancy the trip, you are very welcome. ;)
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

Hi from Corris, there are some ace trails over your way and heading down towards LLanidloes. A 250 is probably the perfect bike for most of them! :D
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Hello and welcome , 250 is what you need ,!!! ;)
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

Sweaty Sock wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:54 pm Thanks Griff, I have a birthday soon and my wife is buying me a training day! As for picking it up, I think not having such a bloody heavy lump of a bike would help... although I am tempted to put on some Heidenau mixed tyres on and doing the training!!!!! :o
I am in Montgomeryshire- far North Powys, far far away from Cardiff... but if you fancy the trip, you are very welcome. ;)
Probably passed near you about a month or so back on the Africa Twin, wizzed up and back to meet some friends in LLwyngwril and used to race up at Tonfanau a few years back :)
Stunning part of Wales.

PS Mitas E10's are an excellent all round tyre for a big bike, you can shift on the road and they are not bad off road apart from heavy mud, but for a true 50/50 tyre their ace.

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”