EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
diggermanbob

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by diggermanbob »

micksea wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:27 am no bob,i was initially but halfpints wr250r had electrical issues so he bought a gs310 and I wasn't willing to be the only one with a sore backside by the time we got to almeria :D so ive put some suitable tyres on my nc750x and ill travel in comfort.This will be my first time to morocco but if its as good as I hope it will be then ill probably go on my WR next year as I want to do it on a small bike to enjoy the off road stuff more.
You will love it , I've been and will go back again , enjoy your trip :D
micksea

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by micksea »

will do.we should arrange to go on 450"s next year if you have one sorted by then
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

micksea wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:54 pm will do.we should arrange to go on 450"s next year if you have one sorted by then
I'm negotiating on a WR as we speak , I almost went orange but I do like my yamaha's , it's an early steel frame one hasn't done many miles and is still in standard trim , not had any of the mods done (air box , grey wire etc , ) so it hasn't been used to its full potential yet :D
micksea

Post by micksea »

you won"t regret it...….I was worried about your sanity earlier in the thread :mrgreen:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

micksea wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 pm you won"t regret it...….I was worried about your sanity earlier in the thread :mrgreen:
So was I !!! I had to give myself a good talking too :lol: , picking it up tomorrow 👍
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

micksea wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:02 am im sure neil will lend you his bike chubby,fingers crossed for the bike fixing :)
I’m sure he’d rather lend me his mrs than his bike Mick !!!!
Just tried packing a bit of camping gear don’t know if to go total minimal or have a little comfort
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

go comfort , seven nights sleeping rough is not good . food is needed we cant all live on coffee and a vape !! just leave the monkey butt cream at home and bring the hot tub and drinks cabinet . wont Neil be driving your back up truck ?
micksea

Post by micksea »

you"re still alive then??????????????????
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

chubbyhooker wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:35 pm
micksea wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:02 am im sure neil will lend you his bike chubby,fingers crossed for the bike fixing :)
I’m sure he’d rather lend me his mrs than his bike Mick !!!!
Just tried packing a bit of camping gear don’t know if to go total minimal or have a little comfort
The camping gear takes up virtually all my panniers, so unless you go Bivi/tarp minimal, you may as well be comfortable, as long as you have room for the evening bottles of Chianti and Port, jobs a goodun.
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

I've been a few times to morocco with Keith, It will be a ball :D
The most nights we have wild camped in a row is 2 and they were great, but always good to have a shower by the third :roll:

I carry about 3 days of food mainly pasta and cuppa soup stuff, there are plenty of local shops to restock.
for me the trouble with bringing the kitchen sink is that you'll struggle to pick the bike up on your own.

not long now :D

Return to “TRAVEL”