Speeding in Luxembourg, anyone got any experience?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Scott_rider

Re: Speeding in Luxembourg, anyone got any experience?

Post by Scott_rider »

redbikejohn wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:47 pm Bloody hell Phil it's about time you knocked these high speed shenanigans on the head! How many times can you get away with it 😂 it's not the 1990's you know!
I think there is something wrong with me :lol: .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

just got back from spain and have up to now 2 speeding fines for just being over the limit, both where at 100 euros but if paid before 20 days i get a 50% discount, can they really chase you for these.
I have an NIE number in spain and bank account

steve
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

forgot to add and its insult to injury, i was not on the bike but driving a flippin motorhome :lol:
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I've now paid it...£42 down the drain for me :( . And £168 in total for all 4 of us who were all caught on camera (allegedly).

After a load of research it appears that the ONLY way you can ask to see a copy of the photo or details about the calibration of the camera is to visit their offices in Luxembourg city...which is a non-starter...and secondly, that they CAN and WILL pursue a speeding offence with UK debt collectors :shock: . Plus the fine doubles and multiplies again as time goes on.

Seems like our government has sold our DVLA data to some European countries and agreed that they can prosecute UK drivers if they are caught on camera. But we can't prosecute other EU drivers if they are caught on camera in the UK, we can only prosecute them if they are stopped by a copper. :?

I think I might avoid Luxembourg next time... :D ...and slow down :oops:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Will Brexit help us lead-wristed Brits continue to speed all over mainland Europe....like we used to do?

Return to “THE PUB”