africa twin

The Things We Ride
drdaveboy

africa twin

Post by drdaveboy »

just ordered a new africa twin adventure sport pick it up 18 th august i really like the look of it and yes it won't have the grunt of my previous ducati multistradas and ktm 1190 adv but i think it'll provide me with what i need for touring
herman

Re: africa twin

Post by herman »

Pictures or it never happened. :D
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Oblix

africa twin

Post by Oblix »

I was in the area and thought i’d pickup a few accessories for my 2016 AT from rugged roads in Lymington.. and they had two AT they were accessorising to the teeth!!! One was the 2018 Std AT and the other was the 2018 adv model. I spent about 2 hours with them going through all the differences, and ofcourse the fact that the adv version required less accessories as it had a few upgrades now as stock..

Damn what a machine it is, i’m totally invested in my 2016 but the new adv is like .. just awesome.. i’m a 6 foot 100kg dude, so it doesnt dwarf or intimidate me but that thing turns alot of heads, especially mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Trev

Post by Trev »

Oblix wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:03 pm I was in the area and thought i’d pickup a few accessories for my 2016 AT from rugged roads in Lymington.. and they had two AT they were accessorising to the teeth!!! One was the 2018 Std AT and the other was the 2018 adv model. I spent about 2 hours with them going through all the differences, and ofcourse the fact that the adv version required less accessories as it had a few upgrades now as stock..
Was that the last few days? I'm only half hour from them so might pop over for a nosey an some AT bling
RandG

Post by RandG »

Had my AFAS a couple months now, the DCT is fantastic, perfect for a lazy ass like me, just fitted a full Akra ti system tonight, so looking forward to testing it tomorrow. :mrgreen:
Trev

Post by Trev »

RandG wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 pm Had my AFAS a couple months now, the DCT is fantastic, perfect for a lazy ass like me, just fitted a full Akra ti system tonight, so looking forward to testing it tomorrow. :mrgreen:
+1 on the DCT I'm a convert, smart move by Honda, it's one of the key differentiators for the AT in a crowded market place. Will they do the same on the next Fireblade ; )
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

I love the look of the AT
But I have read they are no good for Fat Bist**ds like me and the rear rack can only carry a pac of fag's
I have owned a few adventure style bikes including 3 Tiger 955i's and a brand new 2011 XT1200 S10, and currently ride a Kawasaki Versys 1000 which I have traded in for a BMWGSA 1200TE and get it next week. (low suspension model)
But for looks I would rather have the AT 1000

Big Bill
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
Beepee

Post by Beepee »

My mate hates his DCT AT !
Standard tyres are horrendous he said, 66 reg
Now on Trail Attack 2s and said it is a big improvement but will change it soon.

Mind you his last bike was the Big Crosstourer DCT so that maybe has something to do with it ?
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Trev wrote:
Oblix wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:03 pm I was in the area and thought i’d pickup a few accessories for my 2016 AT from rugged roads in Lymington.. and they had two AT they were accessorising to the teeth!!! One was the 2018 Std AT and the other was the 2018 adv model. I spent about 2 hours with them going through all the differences, and ofcourse the fact that the adv version required less accessories as it had a few upgrades now as stock..
Was that the last few days? I'm only half hour from them so might pop over for a nosey an some AT bling

Naa, a month ago..

I did purchase the hyperpro springs upgrade for front and rear suspension.. the price was silly cheap for the difference it makes, did them myself, front was piss easy, rear needed a bit of muscle

The guys at RR gave me a few tips to get the rear shock out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Trev

Post by Trev »

Beepee wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:42 pm My mate hates his DCT AT !
Standard tyres are horrendous he said, 66 reg
Now on Trail Attack 2s and said it is a big improvement but will change it soon.

Mind you his last bike was the Big Crosstourer DCT so that maybe has something to do with it ?

Sounds like a bargain coming up for someone, I love my 2016 DCT, running PIrelli Scorpions only on the road and odd gravel track, superb in the wet so far.

Return to “BIKES”