Bardenas Realas -Advice

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Spike941

Bardenas Realas -Advice

Post by Spike941 »

Planning on riding across the Bardenas Realas NP next month, and wondered if a fully laden, well, overloaded actually, Triumph Explorer on 30/70 road tyres is advisable? I’m not an off roader by any stretch of the imagination, so may just have to stick to the black top. Photos of the unmade roads look ok, but first hand knowledge would be appreciated?
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Bardenas Realas -Advice

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Easy peasy mate , there maybe some loose stoney patches but you'll bump into camper vans down there but worth seeing
Phil

ImageP1080500 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

ImageP1080501 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Yeah you'll do that no probs, just take it easy......have seen Harleys down there, even a bulle, no worries , .....enjoy :D
WillS

Post by WillS »

No problem, a well graded road.
Just follow the signs and stick to the main route around, it gets more rough if you go on the trails off the main one.
Sports bikes, cars, camper vans, they are all on there.
But a great little trip, a nice visitor centre with cold drinks and a clean WC :D
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I rode round it on my Fazer 1000 in 2016, and did a few off piste tracks for an hour or so. It’s very do’able on a road bike as long as you keep the speed down. I didn’t go much above 25mph as the Fazer got squirrely on the gravel tracks and of course the suspension wasn’t up to coping with a holes or rocks on the tracks, not that there were many. We spent about 3 hours in it and saw all the landmarks in that short time. Well worth a visit for a few hours on any bike 8-)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Return to “TRAVEL”