Vinyl wrap

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Vinyl wrap

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

" I can now at last afford to run several bikes so sod it why not "

...................................................thats one good thing about getting older ;)
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:29 pm " I can now at last afford to run several bikes so sod it why not "

...................................................thats one good thing about getting older ;)
You are not wrong there young man !!!!
bowber

Post by bowber »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:29 pm " I can now at last afford to run several bikes so sod it why not "

At least in France you don't have to remember to MOT and TAX them ;-)

Steve
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Thats true Steve but theres no mulit insurance schemes here , each bike is insured individualy so does cost a tad extra ........but its worth it :D
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

herman wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:52 pm
Tramp wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:19 am Eh?.....what you think of it compared to the xt660r you had.....they looked a bit soft in the finush dept and couldnt ride one in mx boots....

Salesman said it was a offroad bike.... :x bollocks so i walked back to my heap of sorrow :lol:

You selling the big teneree then?.. If you want to try the new lomo panniers give me a shout...
It will need some changes for sure but after riding the RR one I was totally sold on their suspension. The XTR was nice and I quite possibly should of kept it hindsight etc. The CB feels a lot lighter on the steering which was nice but to the point I would need a damper but the one I rode had standard bars. As to finish then it is a budget bike hence the wrap. The S10 stays at least for now …. a) may of made a mistake b) I really like it c) I can now at last afford to run several bikes so sod it why not d) I really like it.
To right Alan, your only here once.....enjoy :D
Cone

Post by Cone »

Ive used heat shrink wraps before, they’re okay but can be hard to get creases out of or go round bends, however I just installed an invisiframe on my mountain bike

Now that stuff is good, you apply with splash water and a squeegee. Get it wrong off it comes and you go again. Really impressed.

Now I have seen you can buy the stuff in rolls rather than pre cut shapesand given a chance I would use this stuff
bowber

Post by bowber »

What's written on the backing paper, I may be able to ID it from that.

Steve
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

herman wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:04 am . I bought a CB500x which will be farkled up in due course but it is spotless at the moment. :shock:
I noticed you'd popped up on the cb500x forum, I'll be interested as to what you do to the bike as I've got one.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
herman

Post by herman »

It will get RR suspension, wheels and bash plate but the rest is being researched , half the fun. I feel a list coming on. :idea:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I fancy the RR Level 1 for mine but I've never messed with forks ever but it does seem straight forward according to their instructions so I might give it a try although I do know someone who is good at stuff like that :lol: I did 800+ miles riding up to Kinlochleven for the pre65 trial in early May it did all I wanted it to do was quite good on motorway.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “TECHNICAL”