Triumph

Bikers and riding
David Harding

Triumph

Post by David Harding »

Hi,

I own a Thunderbird, and was interested to know if there is a local Triumph group who enjoy riding and set off from the Newport / Cardiff area?

David
David Harding

Spain trip

Post by David Harding »

Hi,

Has anyone done the Plymouth to Santander crossing and travelled along the north coast of Spain?

Was interested to know if you have any tips?

David
FatFreddy

Re: Triumph

Post by FatFreddy »

Hi David,
Never done that journey on a bike. Went over as a foot passenger once, MANY years ago.
Remember the scenery was fantastic but my main tip would be, take travel sickness pills for the boat journey... I was sick all the way across the bay of Biscay.
Have fun.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

FatFreddy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:07 pm take travel sickness pills for the boat journey... I was sick all the way across the bay of Biscay.
I'd second that. The last time we did the route (Santander to Plymouth), we booked a top-notch cabin which, as you may expect, was at the front of the boat. With very choppy seas later that night, we rocked up & down like nothing on earth. A cheap cabin in the middle of the boat - with far less movement - would have been a lot better!
However, we've had some superbly calm crossings over the Bay as well, when Dolphins can often be seen swimming/jumping alongside the ship.
When riding along the north coast, go inland a bit and take in the Picos mountains - superb scenery and interesting roads.
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

David Harding wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm Hi,

I own a Thunderbird, and was interested to know if there is a local Triumph group who enjoy riding and set off from the Newport / Cardiff area?

David
Hi David if you own a Triumph and want to go on ride outs and spend time with like minded individuals locally, the Triumph Owners club are based in South Wales meet and ride regularly :)

Steve
threepot

Post by threepot »

Hi David. Which t bird?
I've got 2 early Hinckley bikes..a 96 Tiger,and a 95 Daytona Super3. There is a SWales group within Hinckley Triumph Owners Club on facebook. Or as mentioned,the main Triumph Owners club?
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Cabin in the middle of the ship, on one of the lower decks and you'll be fine. ( take some Stugerons with you as well, but take them before you sail)
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Just don’t get a cabin on deck 9 on one of Brittany Ferries ......... it’s the poop deck, where several cabins are adapted for passengers to take their pets with them, the outside deck is where they can walk their pets and let them take a dump etc.

I’m on the Cap Finstaire in a few weeks time heading to the bike rally at Gois, and decided to upgrade my cabin to one on deck 8 to move away from deck 9
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I was on deck 9 coming back in January this year, with my pooch, in a very rough 33 hour crossing. I slid down the bed, I slid up the bed, I slid down the bed, I slid up the bed...................... You get the picture. Thank god for Stugeron.
chrismartin12

Post by chrismartin12 »

love to ride but i m in india.
we ride we live.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”