The Dordogne

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Bartty

The Dordogne

Post by Bartty »

Booked on an overnight ferry to Le Havre in a week, destination Emyet, South of Beragaic. Staying with a friend for a couple of days then heading back with two clear days of riding, plus departure day and the day we arrive for the 17.30 ferry back in Le Havre. For the ride down, I wanted to knock off around 66% of the distance, leaving us around the Poitier's region. The second day will be to Emyet with time to take in some of The Dordogne countryside.

Any suggestions on somewhere to stop on the way down (hotel) and alternative route back to Le Havre
Bartty

Re: The Dordogne

Post by Bartty »

Sorry, that should have read Bergerac :(
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

I'm going from St Malo to the Ardeche in two weeks, with an overnight hotel in Le Blanc, just east of Poitiers.
I've only ever been to Le Blanc en route before but looks like a nice place and found a hotel through Booking.com.
Sorry can't be more helpful than that.
Bartty

Post by Bartty »

Thanks, I found Le Blanc and thought the same, so definitely a possibility.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Bartty wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 am Booked on an overnight ferry to Le Havre in a week, destination Emyet, South of Beragaic. Staying with a friend for a couple of days then heading back with two clear days of riding, plus departure day and the day we arrive for the 17.30 ferry back in Le Havre. For the ride down, I wanted to knock off around 66% of the distance, leaving us around the Poitier's region. The second day will be to Emyet with time to take in some of The Dordogne countryside.

Any suggestions on somewhere to stop on the way down (hotel) and alternative route back to Le Havre

To be blunt, if you don't stay here:

https://motobreaks.com/

...you are crazy.

Have a good trip!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

crazy season in france so avoid the tolls....head south to lemans then head for saumur and cross over to poitiers on the back roads thats D or C :D easy days ride from port and very scenic....from poitiers cross to Bellac and drink Daves wine then south to Brantome south to Perageaux? then south to Bergerac......any D or C road will make the heart sing....

Bon moto
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Go to south dordogneshire, and stay with phil of this parish at jax shack. He's just over border in the lot, you wont get a warmer welcome, with great hospitality......well worth a visit, and as dave says motobreaks is excellent, chris is a superb host. Anyways, enjoy... :D
Trev

Post by Trev »

+1 for Moto breaks, I've used them a couple of times and almost perfect location for a stopover for your trip

I was in Brantome lase week, was returning from a round trip down to Corsica and stayed over in Brantome for three nights on the way back, some cracking quiet roads around there, but then that goes for most of France!

Have a great trip

Return to “TRAVEL”