Mature Riders

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
fatowl

Re: Mature Riders

Post by fatowl »

DavidS wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:04 am I hurtling towards 64 but only starting 'off road' riding when I was 55 been though I had been road riding since I was 16.
The trouble with starting at that age is fear of easy injury and a total lack of ability mean I am still a glorified beginner so will never be one of the rough tough lot who can just get on their trail bike and ride all the gnarly stuff.

I wish I had started 20 years earlier.
Pretty much same here. You can see the dangers of what you're doing, and what could go wrong.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

fatowl wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:01 pm
DavidS wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:04 am I hurtling towards 64 but only starting 'off road' riding when I was 55 been though I had been road riding since I was 16.
The trouble with starting at that age is fear of easy injury and a total lack of ability mean I am still a glorified beginner so will never be one of the rough tough lot who can just get on their trail bike and ride all the gnarly stuff.

Pretty much same here. You can see the dangers of what you're doing, and what could go wrong.
What if you're 52, should know better and still go ahead and do it anyway? :shock:
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

That’s just impetuous yoof-ness. :lol:

I’ve been retired for a year now and still can’t believe it.
I don’t feel any different from when I was working and would still like to think I was 40 but my knees and back tell otherwise.

Having a pathological fear/hatred of ruts doesn’t help my confidence.
Also, at 6’3, it’s a long way down from an Enduro bike. :shock:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:08 pm
fatowl wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:01 pm

What if you're 52, should know better and still go ahead and do it anyway? :shock:
Probably cos your a nutter Dave :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

DavidS wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:32 pm That’s just impetuous yoof-ness. :lol:

I’ve been retired for a year now and still can’t believe it.
I don’t feel any different from when I was working and would still like to think I was 40 but my knees and back tell otherwise.

Having a pathological fear/hatred of ruts doesn’t help my confidence.
Also, at 6’3, it’s a long way down from an Enduro bike. :shock:
David (great name, by the way...) ... fear ye not:

I have fairly shit knees, an officially crap right ankle and I have had three discectomies. My back is so bad it could easily act as my front.

BUT... you have a huge advantage. 6 ft 3 ? You have one over on so many of us who struggle with seat height and touch-down. A dab for you is a mere wave in the direction of the mud. Treat those ruts with the contempt they deserve! Go faster! Skip over the crap and sneer at the earth beneath you. You are bigger (literally) than those irritating scars in the soil. Go for it. It's all there waiting for you...
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Long way down...wasn't that on the telly :lol: your being hard on yourself there Dave, you bounce as good as anyone...me included :lol: mud ,ruts, bring it on lol :)
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

chunky butt wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 pm Long way down...wasn't that on the telly :lol: your being hard on yourself there Dave, you bounce as good as anyone...me included :lol: mud ,ruts, bring it on lol :)
I love ruts as well :? :o
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

htt
Neil M

Post by Neil M »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:36 am Thanks for that Neil, makes me feel bloody great and lucky ......even though its been three weeks since i got knocked off and my ribs still ache .................ohhh how i love Paracetamol :lol:

Image20170914_151530 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
I'm more of an 'Ibruprofen' man myself ;)

To quote Daveupright 'Treat those ruts with the contempt they deserve! Go faster! Skip over the crap and sneer at the earth beneath you. You are bigger (literally) than those irritating scars in the soil. Go for it. It's all there waiting for you...'

That's exactly what I was doing before I hit the ground, smashed my screen & bent some bits. Certainly showed terra firma who's boss ;)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Wiltshire has a special kinda rutt :o ....very narrow and lits of intersections....the ridgeway is a right bastard....and enduro tyres that lke to cllimb out at every opportunity....

Sliipy chalk too....

Return to “VIDEOS”