TET Website is Pants!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveR

Re: TET Website is Pants!

Post by SteveR »

Fair enough Alan, but I would point out the clarity of the ABR site and the image of the TET site you posted. The ABR text and fonts are clearly readable in all light and streets ahead in readability. I cannot say the same for the TET site personally....

It's a bit of a pet hate, websites designed by people not understanding the limitation of eyesight for a huge number of the population.

Barclays came out with an absolute shocker a couple of years ago... I thought I was alone in bitching and moaning until I had a call from their Web people, and it came out that there had been "several comments and complaints" about the pale blue fonts on a lighter blue background! I had the pleasure of seeing them make changes a short while later. I claim no credit, but maybe added a bit of weight to the argument ;)

The other moan was websites, especially Govt sites, designed and tested on an Office intranet and not actually field tested in a rural location with steam powered broadband!! I was one of a few users who were consider "IT literate" and nominated by the NFU to test a major new farming website several years ago. The first thing I made a point of needing improvement, was the ability to save and then upload data when filling in forms. When asked why, I explained that not everyone has fast broadband and that it was just a bit frustrating when in the middle of filling in a length set of forms for the the connection to drop, and the website to "time out"!! I was actually remarkably mild on that considering its a real PITA!!!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Andi_Archer wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:34 pm Check the advanced settings in your members profile there may be a way to select a different formatting style

Alternately you could raise it with the members on there :lol:
Kind of hoped one of the leading lights may be here ;) But good point as made by Toe too...
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

zimtim wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:28 pm Just look at how many whinged when ABR changed.
Think everyone has either got used to it or moved on.
Never had any issues with TET website or the Forum.
It is a crap interface in comparison to that used before, but more reliable i believe... :D

However, for whatever reason, postings have plummeted here on ABR to my mind. A small hardcore will keep a site going for a while, but you do also need a few new users to deal with the churn. The old xrv site which many here will have come from, lost a lot of its user base because of some "internal politics" and just died to all intents and purposes.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Perhaps you could suggest to the web admins of that site that they have several user selectable interfaces to make it easier for users.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

SteveR wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 pm Fair enough Alan, but I would point out the clarity of the ABR site and the image of the TET site you posted. The ABR text and fonts are clearly readable in all light and streets ahead in readability. I cannot say the same for the TET site personally....
Whenever possible, I always choose a 'dark theme', whether its for my phone, forums or apps. I don't like the glare of black on white, but everyone is different. It probably stems from using BBS systems prior to the birth of the internet as we know it.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

AlanHolt wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 pm
SteveR wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 pm Fair enough Alan, but I would point out the clarity of the ABR site and the image of the TET site you posted. The ABR text and fonts are clearly readable in all light and streets ahead in readability. I cannot say the same for the TET site personally....
Whenever possible, I always choose a 'dark theme', whether its for my phone, forums or apps. I don't like the glare of black on white, but everyone is different. It probably stems from using BBS systems prior to the birth of the internet as we know it.
It sounds as if we have a similar history there then Alan!! But I have arrived at a different conclusion. I like Black on white, but do tone the white down where possible.

Return to “THE PUB”