nods

Bikers and riding
Simon_100

Re: nods

Post by Simon_100 »

chunky butt wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:17 am Most bikers wave here in France, suppose it's easier as it's your clutch hand, the hand you'd notice being riding on the right....if that makes sense, did notice the Spanish don't seem to wave so much though :D
Not true matey, here it's almost obligatory to gibe the 'peace n love' sign, often doing real high jinks to manage it while riding around the Spanish hairpin bends! :)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I'm finding a lot of riders wave or drop a leg when the nip past, which is nice. I must be a bit slow :D it's upsetting when scooter riders do it :oops:

I don't think I ever nodded in the car but I do on my mountain bike out of habit. Some nod back - because they know... 8-)
Brads

Post by Brads »

I stick me leg out , Euro cool guy stylee.

I hate that we drive on the wrong side of the road in the UK as well.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

Commuting around a popular bike area on a sunny day makes your neck hurt :shock:
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Have you ever noticed that coppers never nod back :(
kev.t

Post by kev.t »

PaulinBont wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 am Have you ever noticed that coppers never nod back :(
some do, I'm a serial nodder with probably a 70% return rate :)
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

PaulinBont wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 am Have you ever noticed that coppers never nod back :(
I give the peace sign with my left hand and I would say nearly every copper I have come across will always acknowledge me.
Even had them give me the nod before I can raise my hand.
Obviously don't do it when they have their blues on
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Must be me then :(
fatowl

Post by fatowl »

I find most people respond when I'm on my big bike, but few do when I'm on my CG125.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Brads wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:03 pmI hate that we drive on the wrong side of the road in the UK as well.

There is a reason why we ride on the left... it harks back to days of yore when knights would pass each other on the left so that, if it turned out that the other rider was an enemy, they could easily draw their sword with their right hand and attack. This policy was universally adopted until Napoleon became Emperor of France: he was left-handed but some say that he did this to show his absolute power.

Saluting also comes from knights on the road as they would lift their visor with one hand to show their face.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”