Post by johnnyboxer »

Which dealer?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Mikekitts81

Re: Husqvarna 701

Post by Mikekitts81 »

i looked at one of these when i first started riding the thing that put me off was the fact they only do pcp on the supermoto models at the dealers and for the enduro i didnt want to fork out 8 grand on a bike i may not want to keep so i did some research into changing wheels etc but it isnt possible the sm models dont take the enduro wheels and vice versa which made my desicion for me i couldnt justify spending 8 grand on a bike i would basically trash and crash on all the lanes
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
johnnyboxer

Husqvarna 701

Post by johnnyboxer »

Mikekitts81 wrote:i looked at one of these when i first started riding the thing that put me off was the fact they only do pcp on the supermoto models at the dealers and for the enduro i didnt want to fork out 8 grand on a bike i may not want to keep so i did some research into changing wheels etc but it isnt possible the sm models dont take the enduro wheels and vice versa which made my desicion for me i couldnt justify spending 8 grand on a bike i would basically trash and crash on all the lanes
If you wanted it that badly you would have gathered up the £8k
Even a new Trials bike costs £6k and the potential for that to be thrown at rocks is greater
PCP are the work of the devil - Pay cash or take a bank loan

With money we don't have

lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Mikekitts81 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:34 pm i looked at one of these when i first started riding the thing that put me off was the fact they only do pcp on the supermoto models at the dealers and for the enduro i didnt want to fork out 8 grand on a bike i may not want to keep so i did some research into changing wheels etc but it isnt possible the sm models dont take the enduro wheels and vice versa which made my desicion for me i couldnt justify spending 8 grand on a bike i would basically trash and crash on all the lanes
It's possible to buy a set of supermoto wheels to fit the enduro, they just won't be Husky wheels. The brakes are different on the SM, hence why they aren't interchangeable.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I think the same about PCP's (JB) but we are a very fortunate but also an ageing generation and as such are not the target 'modern consumer'.
PCP's will soon become the endowment policy or PPI of yesteryear and will come crashing down when the dealers can't move on the 'off contract' bikes because the built in residual values are unrealistic .......... until they start rePCPing used bikes.
Cash is king in the sub £4k market but there aren't many new generation with that sort of cash in the sock draw.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:33 am PCP are the work of the devil - Pay cash or take a bank loan
It's not like recklessly lending money to people when they can't afford it, ever got anyone into trouble, is it?

:o
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Tonibe63 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:48 am I think the same about PCP's (JB) but we are a very fortunate but also an ageing generation and as such are not the target 'modern consumer'.
PCP's will soon become the endowment policy or PPI of yesteryear and will come crashing down when the dealers can't move on the 'off contract' bikes because the built in residual values are unrealistic .......... until they start rePCPing used bikes.
Cash is king in the sub £4k market but there aren't many new generation with that sort of cash in the sock draw.
I have never entered into such a deal, but I'm guessing that when you return the vehicle, the dealer never gives you the 'residual value'? Therefore you end up paying the difference between their trade in price and the 'residual'? Win, win for the dealer.....
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Tonibe63 wrote:I think the same about PCP's (JB) but we are a very fortunate but also an ageing generation and as such are not the target 'modern consumer'.
All very true

A crash in waiting

If you haven't got a few £1000 in the sock drawer then it's a poor do isn't it

If I haven't got the cash for a bike then I don't buy it

With money we don't have

garyboy

Post by garyboy »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:02 am
Tonibe63 wrote:I think the same about PCP's (JB) but we are a very fortunate but also an ageing generation and as such are not the target 'modern consumer'.
All very true

A crash in waiting

If you haven't got a few £1000 in the sock drawer then it's a poor do isn't it

If I haven't got the cash for a bike then I don't buy it
unfortunately
eventually
ALL doommongers will be proved right

but in the meantime
(in the bit called .. life)
pcp is a great way for the industry (saved the poor sales thing)
and great for the poor biker.

A gullible punter .. er ... i mean .. a prospective motorcycle buyer
can walk into a shiny glittering bike showroom
lined with rows of modern wonder machines of a hi-tec nature
and walk out owning the bike of their dreams.

they got a great price for their old tired tat,
the payments are relatively low
and at the end, come the lump sum, there is always a loan, and further affordable payments

so you ride the latest model
with the latest tech
and the latest plate
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Is the stand steel or ally? My 450 is ally so more difficult to lower although I think there is a way but 40mm would be too much because of the taper.

The 450 sits almost upright, which is fine if your parking on a beach but elsewhere it’s scary leaving it.
As standard, 5 to 10mm would be enough but the taper would be too wide for 40mm.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “BIKES”