Hi, a ticked off newbie...

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
daveuprite

Re: Hi, a ticked off newbie...

Post by daveuprite »

Hi 'Tone Walsh', and welcome to the forum.

Of course it is understandable as a newbie, but unfortunately you inadvertently strayed into the 'Sympathy-Free Zone' of the forum. This is a specially reserved place for those who have brought crap upon themselves as a result of their desire to blame others for their own stupidity. Sadly there are no prisoners in this part of the forum, and you may wish that you had simply said 'hello you lovely adventure people' instead.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Welcome to ABR

...The Beer is in the Fridge and the nuts are all over the place :D
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Hello and welcome.

I’m one of the ones who have to stand up for Adventure Spec as well. Bought plenty of gear off them for my bike and even had to return a bash plate as it didn’t fit with my already fitted crash bars.

It was returned and refunded without any drama.

Good company that design good stuff and I personally found them to be spot on.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
ChrisCole

Post by ChrisCole »

I have bought a fair amount of stuff from Adventure spec over the years and have always had first class service. I am also greatly impressed by the amount of time money and resource that Adventure Spec plough back into Adventure / trail riding activities
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Looks like you miserable lot have scared the OP away, no great loss there. BTW never had a problem with AS either.
Cone

Post by Cone »

A bit of sympathy may be required here..

There are always the odd sale that goes wrong, they may be good on the whole maybe the staff had an off day dealing with him and he was pissed off and the relationship deteriorated quickly. We don’t know either shouldn’t jump down someone’s throat that you don’t know or don’t know the situation....
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Having looked at the AS website, it says the plate is easy to fit without modification.

Mention is made, in a fairly obscure manner, to canister removal being required on USA models. Nothing about European versions, though.

The problem is that if you are a third-party producing non-approved accessories, you aren't going to be kept up-to-date with every modification that the motorcycle manufacturer makes.

I quite understand the OP not wanting to remove his canister if the bike is under warranty and Triumph have told him not to...but would it be possible to reposition it?

BTW, I've got an AS plate on my KTM 950...it's a good strong product, but the design is by no means flawless and its shortcomings (and the lack of response to them from AS) have been widely discussed on this forum and others.

We don't know what state the bashplate was in when it was returned by the OP to AS, so it would be unfair to judge either way, in my opinion. Having been in the trade myself, I know you can have sharp practice on both sides.
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

I'm afraid I'm with the OP on this. Of course they're fine and dandy to deal with.... until you have a problem. Then they'll squirm like leeches and use smallprint and corporate BS to get out of any obligation. I can well believe what Tony is saying having had experience of a similar situation with AS. I don't buy off them any more.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Not a great way to introduce yourself to a forum. Not surprised he got that response.

I've tried twice to buy things from AS, both times they have failed to deliver but they were quite easy to deal with.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

I can't comment on the company involved but I have often found myself in that situation.

Fits all models....but doesn't. Happened me with car parts and the company that supplied them refused to change the products because they had been opened. There was no way of finding out they wouldn't fit without opening them.

Yes I was cheesed off, they were a supposedly reputable company but when it came to them getting it wrong they didn't want to know. It took quite a bit of grief to force them to see the error of their ways and I suspect the OP may well have a stronger case to argue given he is told the product is going to fit.

Things can go wrong sometimes and that never bothers me, its always a chance for a company to show what they are made of and handled right improves the reputation.

Having been through the experience I think the AS could have done better with the OP. I would have been just as peed off to be forced to keep a part that was no use to me.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”