Tickets now available for Adventure Bike Rider Festival 2018

ABRAlex

Re: Tickets now available for Adventure Bike Rider Festival 2018

Post by ABRAlex »

Few shots from last year! Who's got their tickets?
Attachments
IMG_7475.JPG
IMG_7475.JPG (150.72 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
IMG_7323.JPG
IMG_7323.JPG (175.01 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
IMG_7302.JPG
IMG_7302.JPG (141.24 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Bryn, asking for a friend.

Enduro restrictions
CRF250L happy to have on Enduro track.
CRF250X is the devil's spawn and must stay away from the Enduro track?

Could you please confirm?
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Alun

Post by Alun »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:21 pm Bryn, asking for a friend.

Enduro restrictions
CRF250L happy to have on Enduro track.
CRF250X is the devil's spawn and must stay away from the Enduro track?

Could you please confirm?
Thanks for asking.

Yes, you got it. Trail bikes are fine, not so enduro or Xers.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Ticket bought - looking forward to it - has been too long!
Pat
nevsey

Post by nevsey »

ABRAlex wrote:
nevsey wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:44 pm Bogs pleaseImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Nevsey,

Bogs aplenty this year! Even talk of a urinal. We don't half know how to spoil you lot :D

Alex
I won't be needing my big stick then 🤣

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

ABRAlex

Post by ABRAlex »

nevsey wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:16 am
ABRAlex wrote:
nevsey wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:44 pm Bogs pleaseImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Nevsey,

Bogs aplenty this year! Even talk of a urinal. We don't half know how to spoil you lot :D

Alex
I won't be needing my big stick then 🤣

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I would bring it just in case Nevsey, you never can be too sure :lol:
ABRAlex

Post by ABRAlex »

Bryn wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:05 pm Hey guys, a quick heads up to let you all know that tickets are now available for the 2018 Adventure Bike Rider Festival, and you can get yours here:
https://www.adventurebikerider.com/even ... ival-2018/.

ABR-Fest-Featured-2.jpg

Held in association with the new Bridgestone Battlax A41 tyres, this year’s ABR Festival will be returning to Seals Farm in Banbury. This has been a very successful event location for us over the years, but this year, you can expect it to be much bigger and much better. The dates of the festival have stayed the same and will be held from Friday 6 July to Sunday 8 July.

Over the years, the event has been a weekend of pure adventure biker fun, where you and other like-minded bikers can come together to enjoy camping, mingling, organised road rideouts, green lane rideouts, to tear up the dedicated on-site enduro track (that is big bike friendly and is open all weekend), and in the evening, a healthy amount of beer, food and live entertainment. The aim of this year’s festival is to keep that same spirit and feel-good environment alive, but to spice things up with an improved visitor experience and exciting extras.

Last year's Midlands Rally was a fantastic event which was made so enjoyable thanks to the guys and girls who attended. We'd love to see you all in the field by Chacombe again this year, and hopefully the weather will be just as kind to us again!

What's going to be at the ABR Festival?

abr-festival-off-road-course.jpg

Mick Exstance Experience: Famous ex-Dakar rider, Mick Exstance, will be bringing his incredible off-road school to Seals Farm. Here, riders will have the opportunity to improve their off-road riding skills, test their balance, gain knowledge and experience, and taste a little bit of the Dakar riding style.

Road Ride Outs: You don’t need to be an off-roader to be at ABR Fest as the access is directly off a main road. We’ll also be holding daily road ride outs and guides, which will be a fantastic chance to explore the best local roads, area and beauty with fellow ABR bikers. It usually ends up in being a bit of a laugh, and a great way to mingle with other bikers at the festival.

Green Lane Ride Outs: Seals Farm is right on the Oxford/Northants border, so there are plenty of exciting local greens lanes nearby. We’ll be hosting daily green lane ride outs, led by locals who know the very best routes in the area.

Manufacturers Test Bikes: Big manufacturers will be joining us at the ABR Festival, and visitors will have the chance to test ride some of their latest models for 2018.

Off-Road Course: Our on-site, big bike friendly, off-road course is back with a bang. Test your skills, push your limits, gain more confidence or improve your riding by practicing on a mix of dirt and woodland terrain. The course lets you choose from adrenaline pumping hill climbs, gnarly twists and bends, and epic ruts, depending on yours and your bike’s abilities. This is strictly for leisure riding on trails and not a competition, so we ask for no Enduro bikes under 500cc. Ask us for more details.

Guest Speakers: This year, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be having some well-known guest speakers from the world of adventure bike riding, all of whom will be announced very soon. Watch this space!

ABR Festival site facilities:

abr-festival-camping.jpg

Camping: There’s a huge, flat field situated just a walk away from all the action, set with a marquee and on-site men’s and women’s toilets. There is also a (non-drinkable) water point.

Food: There will be a range of street food vendors on-site, where you’ll be able to purchase food throughout the weekend. There is also a supermarket nearby, should you need a top up on cash, food and most importantly, beer.

Entertainment: The rally is well known for being a good old fashioned knees up in the evenings, and at this year’s ABR Festival we aim to keep that tradition alive. Come over to the marquee to enjoy a range of live music, games and a biker pub quiz.

Parking: If you have a camping ticket, you will be able to park your bike beside your tent. There will also be some parking available for cars and other bikes on-site.

Camper vans: We will have limited space for vans and campers on-site, however once we reach the cut off point that will be it. If you are thinking of bringing your van, book early.

Toilets: The campsite at Seals Farm has been chosen for its on-site riding trails rather than luxury camping facilities. It’s about as close to wilderness camping in Warwickshire as you can get. That said there will be toilets and limited running water but there are no showers.

abr-festival.jpg

The important details:
Tickets: All this fun, excitement and biker goodness is available for a very reasonable price. Weekender camping tickets are only £25 per person and a day pass (no camping) is £15 per person. All tickets are available to purchase via our website (https://www.adventurebikerider.com/even ... ival-2018/.). Please note; you will not be able to turn up on the day without having purchased a ticket, as there will be no ‘on the day’ tickets and we cannot guarantee your access.

Dates: The festival will be held from 1pm Friday 6 July to 4pm Sunday 8 July 2018.

Venue: The venue’s address is; Seals Farm, Chacombe, Banbury, OX17 2JR. It’s easily accessible from the M40 in the midlands, with clear routes from the main cities including London and Birmingham, as well as being easily reached from the western parts of the country.

Local amenities: Banbury is the nearest town, which is situated roughly two miles from the festival. Here, you’ll find Tesco superstore, Aldi, Halfords, bike garages, local hotels and a hospital.

Children: Whilst we will welcome children who arrive at the event and will never turn them away, this is an adult focused bike riding event with no children’s entertainment or facilities on-site.

Important information:
Our off-road course on site is a leisure riding, trail course. It is a fantastic opportunity for adventure bike owners to test their off-road skills in a non-competitive environment, so we ask for strictly no ‘Enduro’ bikes under 500cc on the course. If Enduro and competition riding is your thing please see our friends at Enduroland who use the same course for competitive events.

Check out the video above from last years event guys to give you a taster of what is on offer at our sunny event in July 8-)
Last edited by ABRAlex on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Barcelona Pat wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:16 pm Ticket bought - looking forward to it - has been too long!
Pat

Looking forward to catching up with you Pat, are you riding from Barca or Ponty?
herman

Post by herman »

Bugger, no on the day tickets. :cry: Understandable but that's me out, have fun folks.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Alun

Post by Alun »

herman wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:02 pm Bugger, no on the day tickets. :cry: Understandable but that's me out, have fun folks.

That's a shame Herman. Red tape and insurance I'm afraid.

Return to “ABR Festival 6-8 July 2018”