BMW TFT Screen Problem

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
gbags

BMW TFT Screen Problem

Post by gbags »

I have a new 1200 GSA with the TFT screen and I have a problem.

I’ve only ridden the bike three times and a F O great warning has flashed up on the screen, three times - every time I’ve been out. The warning says stop the bike. Turn the bike off. Get the bike to a dealer.

The first time this happened was on my way home from buying the bloody bike!

Today’s warning, ten miles out from home, appeared to warn me about the emergency call feature but in the hurry to get out of traffic, pull off the road and park up, then take a photo for the dealer, the warning went away and I’m not 100% sure of the wording.

I bought this bike for THE BIG TRIP later this year so I need to get this sorted out before I cast off.

Has anyone else with a new bike had anything similar happen? Any ideas?

Thanks All.

Graham
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: BMW TFT Screen Problem

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

If I was doing a big trip, I'd get a bike without all that electronic rubbish on it.

Did you know that if you get water inside the speedo of a Triumph Tiger 800, it shuts the engine down and the speedo isn't even waterproof?

Do yourself a favour...get an old BM air-cooled twin which can be home serviced and go on that.
Famous

Post by Famous »

Most software fault reports should leave a history in the memory
Take it back to them and tell them to sort it out!!!!!!!
No excuses or full refund
Talk to your trading standards or whatever your local authorities offer and let the dealer know that you are serious about your intentions, with today's big company attitudes, he who shouts loudest!!!

But you seem to like life on the edge
New Beemer Big trip That takes balls 👍
gbags

Post by gbags »

This is my fourth Beemer and I’ve never had a problem with any of them.

I had an 800GS before this and put 32,000 miles and twenty odd countries on it without even a puncture but I wanted a shaft drive so part exchanged for this one. I’m very happy with the new bike.

As for BMW and the TFT, I spoke with my dealer who said that the emergency feature warns you when reception fails. As soon as you get reception back, the warning disappears.

This being rural hilly Devon, reception is always dropping in and out. I’ll take the bike in soon for it’s first service and they’ll have a sniff at it.

I’m pretty reassured and have six months before kick off to iron out any wrinkles.

Return to “TECHNICAL”