Chinese bikes thread

The Things We Ride
Mike Horton

Re: Chinese bikes thread

Post by Mike Horton »

The mash 400 adventure looks a great bike however the price seems a little high. Maybe some used bargains in the coming years. I went for the himalayan instead. I can't understand why the wk 400 didn't become more popular either!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

The Chinese badged bikes have not taken off over in the UK because as a Society we are too badge conscious in our need to keep up with the Jones's and I can't see that changing dramatically any time soon. Also lot's of Chinese tat in the last 20 years has been shocking quality which many consumers have had a bad experience from.
European and Japanese manufacturers know this so they buy stuff from China and stick a well known/respected badge on it to sell to us and to be fair the added quality control that goes in to protect that brand image has kept quality high enough for us not to question it's origin.
So we are now buying good quality Chinese goods everyday, whether that's enough for us to buy lot's of bikes with spurious badges on the tank I'm not sure but look how the image and quality of Skoda has changed within one generation of consumers.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I think the key to their lack of success is 1) price--Honda etc are not much more, 2) spares support, or lack of, and 3) comparison with nearly new well known brands. It just seems too much of a gamble for very little gain and potential repair problems in use. Honda as an example seemed to have embraced world sourcing and manufacture to bring out some very competitive models--in particular the success (world) of the 250 Rally. There is still a place for the 800 quid supermarket 125 cc for developing countries--but not here in the legislation heavy European market.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Nothing wrong with Chinese manufacturing, if you want a better product you pay more.

Steve
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Mike Horton wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:23 am The rebadged mash 400 adventure looks a great bike however the price seems a little high. Maybe some used bargains in the coming years. I went for the himalayan instead. I can't understand why the wk 400 didn't become more popular either!
The WK 400 Trial version seemed to gain a following over here last year but since the new emissions laws came in they seem to have withdrawn from what I suppose is a very small market compared to Asia and China
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

Seems like KTM's are heavily into China now ???

https://riders.drivemag.com/news/ktm-cf ... ign=Riders

Ian
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Mad Hatter wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 pm Looks like the got rid of the original Chinese bike thread I started a couple of years back :cry:
Still here mate. https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... ad#p367244
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Tink wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm It won't be long now till they become a proper contender for the big boys👍
i thought there wk450rx was a contender based on the crf450 engine and was with both sets of wheels surprised it didnt get many buys . but as said in other posts society now is stuck in the name branded way of buying things casue it as a name on it wether the quailty is good or not
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Bojer

Post by Bojer »

Mikekitts81 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:40 pm
Tink wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm It won't be long now till they become a proper contender for the big boys👍
i thought there wk450rx was a contender based on the crf450 engine and was with both sets of wheels surprised it didnt get many buys . but as said in other posts society now is stuck in the name branded way of buying things casue it as a name on it wether the quailty is good or not
I believe they need to get a manufacturer behind them in the UK to be taken seriously , seems to be lots of different Chinese manufacturers imported under one name , WK bikes importing Shineray , CF and others. The WK400 was initially priced at £4000+ , too much money but were finally sold off for about £2600 - too cheap to be considered by some people ! But I suppose it's big money to set up a proper marketing campaign , support network of dealers etc etc . I think Sinnis have tried to improve the image and reputation in the 125 market but are still an importer of several different manufacturers bikes with their name on the tank .
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Treadtrader wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:20 pm
Mad Hatter wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 pm Looks like the got rid of the original Chinese bike thread I started a couple of years back :cry:
Still here mate. https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... ad#p367244
I did search for that the other day but couldn't find it, oh well.

Jesus though 84 pages :o no wonder my ex used to moan about me always being on here :lol:

Return to “BIKES”