EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
BobH

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa,2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by BobH »

This is what we have to ride through
fish-big.jpg
fish-big.jpg (80.44 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Even Bear Grills loves it :o :shock: :o :shock:
Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg (8.54 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
fatowl

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa,2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by fatowl »

Would this be suitable for an off-road newbie (many years ON road) on a crf250, or is that too small ? would a bigger bike be better? I shall get what practice I can!
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Busy for next year already Keith 👍🏻
are you looking at the Rekkam Plateau ? I'm hoping to get back in 2018 have a rough route planned. Looking at March\April or next Oct. so maybe we'll catch up somewhere ..
:)

rog
ps happy crimbo 🎄
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

qwerty wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:43 pm Busy for next year already Keith 👍🏻
are you looking at the Rekkam Plateau ? I'm hoping to get back in 2018 have a rough route planned. Looking at March\April or next Oct. so maybe we'll catch up somewhere ..
:)

rog
ps happy crimbo 🎄

Hi Roger....Happy Xmas also young man!!

Yip for the Plateau Rekkam to the Erg Chebbi. Back over to Zagora and on to the Cirque de Jaffar region.........Christophe has it routed.

Waiting for the French school board to issue the October school holiday dates.

I'll update as it comes into my head...

:D

Last edited by WIBO on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Put me in the loop Keith matey 8-)
zzzz

Post by zzzz »

Hi Keith, I’m definitely interested in joining you and the other nutters on the next trip. The ride report is brilliant and really gives a flavour of what to expect.

Cheers, John
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm Put me in the loop Keith matey 8-)

No problem young man........I need more people to blame.... you can be a Responsible Adult as you've ridden there before.

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

zzzz wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm Hi Keith, I’m definitely interested in joining you and the other nutters on the next trip. The ride report is brilliant and really gives a flavour of what to expect.

Cheers, John

No problem John......monitor the thread to see what's what every now and then ....I might die or something in-between then and now......
Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

fatowl wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:21 pm Would this be suitable for an off-road newbie (many years ON road) on a crf250, or is that too small ? would a bigger bike be better? I shall get what practice I can!

Hi Fatowl....

If it were I a single cylinder in and around plus 600cc would be ideal.... Willy Spray, on the boards here and with the same road-only experience took a GS1200 on his first trip after being advised the same.........next trip he rode a GS650 single. He also has a CRF 250 which he rides the odd trail in Spain. These can bimble along just fine on the back roads.

If the CRF can be geared to sit on the autoroute or you can ship it down in e.g. a van then it'll be fine. Think also of saddle comfort. Just find a campsite to park the van up or street park it close to a cop shop and let them know you'll be away for x amount of days?

You tend to ride at the speed limits due to radar controls here and there once in Morocco.

Off road practice will not do any harm....farm lane type going...hardpack....you see what's what in the ride report and videos.......I ride the fesh-fesh for the challenge of same.

If you can't take ridicule and banter this ride is not for you....as you can see, dopey hairstyles are compulsory for some....

Anything else just ask.

Last edited by WIBO on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
geoham

Post by geoham »

Hello Keith,
looks like a few of the usual suspects from this year have signed up for 2018 :D
Count me in as I would be interested in going again depending on the dates

Return to “TRAVEL”