Waterproof tail pack?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
DavidS

Waterproof tail pack?

Post by DavidS »

I have the little Rally Raid rack on my KTM 690 Enduro, which, to be honest, doesn't have the largest capacity and certainly is no use for my now redundant Kriega US20 (that I used to use on my old 950SM).

I am thinking of getting a small WATERPROOF tailpack that will easily strap onto the rack that will take my little folding emergency rucksack (the size of a large wallet when folded) , some bungees and maybe other small odds and sods. Only for local riding - no adventuring.
The Kriega US5 is a bit floppy and not a great fit so i was thinking more of a shaped pack.

Inevitably, the question is.....any suggestions?
For my current riding, there is no point in spending silly money but I do want it properly waterproof rather than just wrapping everything in plastic bag.

2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
zimtim

Re: Waterproof tail pack?

Post by zimtim »

Kriega us 10 :D ?
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Thanks, but the 5 is already a tad too long so hoping to find a small shaped or rigid-ish pack.
I only need it for the odds and sods mentioned above and some thin emergency waterproofs that I had forgotten to include.

I have found some on tinternet but I would be buying blind so user advice always welcomed.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
herman

Post by herman »

Probably a small roll top dry bag under a cargo net would be the simple answer. I use an Alpkit one for day trips but the waterproofs go on the outside under the net. Would a bar bag do it? don't fancy them myself as I don't even like bar pads but each to their own.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Any good?
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enduristan-Ral ... SwJQdXDRI1

Take a look at other Enduristan stuff. They've got some good waterproof gear.
cowling

Post by cowling »

As already mentioned, I use roll top dry bags,
Lomo ones are great value, not very strap on friendly, and if you want owt the bag generally has to come off and the full contents out, but once you get the knack, you can do this very quickly, they are the cheapest option, some of the dedicated tail packs are a fortune. I'd be interested in your kreiger if you sell it on.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Tim beat me to it......... US10
one-legged adventurer
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

What about something like this
search-results/product/MAX235H105/4-ltr-ip67-rated-waterproof-protective-grip-case-%7c-solent-plastics
Would be a more permanent fixture, but quite a few on here use Tramp, PIF
Bolt it directly onto your rack then seal all holes with a silicone sealant when I had mine it never leaked.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Working through them lead me to this Kriega https://kriega.com/works-series/rally-pack that I didn't know existed.

I can refit the grab rails and flog the rack as it bolts on to the fender and also discuss terms with Cowling on the US20. :D
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Jackoblara

Post by Jackoblara »

DavidS wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 am I have the little Rally Raid rack on my KTM 690 Enduro, which, to be honest, doesn't have the largest capacity and certainly is no use for my now redundant Kriega US20 (that I used to use on my old 950SM).

I am thinking of getting a small WATERPROOF nylon tailpack that will easily strap onto the rack that will take my little folding emergency rucksack (the size of a large wallet when folded) , some bungees and maybe other small odds and sods. Only for local riding - no adventuring.
The Kriega US5 is a bit floppy and not a great fit so i was thinking more of a shaped pack.

Inevitably, the question is.....any suggestions?
For my current riding, there is no point in spending silly money but I do want it properly waterproof rather than just wrapping everything in plastic bag.

need these waterproofs

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”