2004 Suzuki DRZ400S for Sale

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
aliwakeskate

2004 Suzuki DRZ400S for Sale

Post by aliwakeskate »

2004 DRZ400S – 11858 miles.

I have owned this bike for 6 years purchasing it back in June 2011 with just 1500 miles on the clock. Since then I have clocked up many a happy mile on it. The bike has mostly been used for green lanes and weekends away in the UK with the odd day commuting and for a trip back in September to France off roading.

Mechanically the bike is faultless and I have maintained it myself with no expense spared as it has been my pride and joy for a long time. Cosmetically it has a few scratches and scrapes as it has been used for what it was intended for.

The engine oil and filters have been regularly changed every 1500 miles, which is way ahead of the recommended schedule. The last oil change was carried out a few weeks ago along with a new oil filter, air filter and NGK iridium spark plug. The coolant was flushed and changed back in September.

I checked the valves in March 2014 and again in September this year at 10,000 miles just before going to France and they are still well within the middle of the service handbook tolerances.

A new DID VX2 gold chain was fitted 1800 miles ago along with new front and rear sprockets. At the same time I fitted a new countershaft spacer and seal as preventative maintenance. Pirelli MT21 front and Mitas E09 rear tyres were also fitted at the same time and still have plenty of life left in them. In addition, brand new Michelin heavy duty tubes were fitted and slime added.

A brand new higher cranking value Yuasa YTS10 battery was fitted in September. It makes cold starting much quicker.

New genuine Suzuki brake pistons and seals were fitted earlier this year to both the front and rear brakes.

All wheel bearings were changed to quality SKF bearings as a preventative measure at around 8500 miles. Also as preventative maintenance I stripped and re-greased the headstock, swingarm and rear suspension bearings every year so they are in good condition.

During my ownership I have done the following popular DRZ mods:

• Manual cam chain tensioner fitted in place of the stock auto cam chain tensioner
• Hel braided brake hoses front and rear
• Pair and solenoid removed
• 3x3 air box mod
• Carb rejetted using JD jetting kit. Gives the bike a bit more punch lower down the rev range.
• Fitted TT extended fuel screw
• Swapped out the front and rear suspension springs for stiffer springs. The stock ones are far too soft, although I still have these and will include them in the sale. The suspension is brilliant on this bike now and highly underated as it has adjustable compression and rebound both front and rear.

I changed the display from the stock display to a Trailtech Vapor unit a couple of years ago. The main reason for this was I wanted a rev display and engine temperature reading. The original stock display is included with the sale and still works perfectly. The mileage was transferred to the new unit and this is backed up by previous MOT certificates, which I have kept.

The bike currently has the DRZ SM blue headlight surround and front mudguard as I prefer the looks, but the original white headlight surround and blue S mudguard are included in the sale.

The front left radiator shroud has a small crack in it that is covered by the graphics (can be seen in one of the photos). I have also included in the sale a spare set of blue radiator shrouds that are in good condition, although the graphics are slightly different as they come from the SM model.

There are loads of extras fitted that make the bike well sorted for off road adventures. These include:

• Unabiker radiator braces and guards (imported from USA)
• Ad-tek bash plate
• Stainless steel frame protectors
• Engine case savers
• AltecH Designs front sprocket cover
• Suzuki rear rack
• Renthal bars and grips
• Adjustable clutch and brake levers (originals included)
• Wide footpegs (originals included)
• AltecH Designs rear tool tube bracket and tool tube
• 12V water proof auxiliary socked fitted next to dash
• MSR 1” longer gear lever (original included). Very useful if wearing MX boots.
• R&G LED Tail tidy
• Flexible number plate
• Folding mirrors

There is also a box of bits that I have removed from the bike along with spare filters, plastics, etc that will be included in the sale.

Feel free to PM me with any questions etc. (For info, if you want to see higher resolution images, right click on the picture and open the link in a new window)

Current Mileage: 11858 miles
MOT: 19/04/18
Price: £2500 ONO
Last edited by aliwakeskate on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
aliwakeskate

Re: 2004 Suzuki DRZ400S for Sale

Post by aliwakeskate »

aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

Last edited by aliwakeskate on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

Last edited by aliwakeskate on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

Some of the spare parts included in the sale.

boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

That's a cracker, if I didn't have my Donkey I'd be after that. GLWS .
one-legged adventurer
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Bargain there for someone Al, wish I never sold mine, you forgot to mention can be ridden half cut :?

GLWS

Sarge
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

That really is a superb looking bike :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Elmer Fudd

Post by Elmer Fudd »

Sent you a pm
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

PMs replied to. Thanks.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”