YULE TIDE RALLY 2017

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
markoh

Re: YULE TIDE RALLY 2017

Post by markoh »

Tonylancs76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:27 pm Would there be room for one more? Never been to a meet before, been a long time lurker on the site, I can be socially awkward, I can be a bit stinky and I have been told I snore really loudly, but on the plus side I’m tee total and I’d be camping in my own tent so can stick me at the other end of the site
I'm sure you will be welcome. We can have a snoring competition.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

AdventureDisco wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:29 pm Good work John, appreciate the updates as it builds up the excitement!! Looking forward to this one, real ale is spot on.
Do you Still want to chat about the KTM Rally Western Alps? Best catch me early as once on the cider and or real ale, you won't be able to stop me :twisted:
devon john

Post by devon john »

a reminder anyone that has booked a bunkhouse place will sill have to pay a small contribution for fire wood £2 per person ,

this will cover the weekends burn up !!!!!! :roll:

this can be passed on to me or anyone that helping the cost of the wood was £100 any profit will go to the air ambulance ,, :D

anyone that a vegetarian let me now in plenty of time so i can do a meal for you ,,,, if you are a Muslim we are cooking a pig ,,,,,, just warning !!!!

john
AdventureDisco

Post by AdventureDisco »

Agent Orange wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:19 pm
AdventureDisco wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:29 pm Good work John, appreciate the updates as it builds up the excitement!! Looking forward to this one, real ale is spot on.
Do you Still want to chat about the KTM Rally Western Alps? Best catch me early as once on the cider and or real ale, you won't be able to stop me :twisted:
Yep, most definitely, although you may choose to ignore me as I am possibly turning up on my Triumph :D
On the plus side, I have a new tent and its VERY ORANGE
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Just a note about Chris Cork who did the offroad a couple of years ago
"JUST A NOTE ON THE DAKAR: Jeff Webster replies: The other race around the same time is the Africa Eco Race. This uses much of the old Dakar Rally where it can but does not go to Mali where the problems arose some years ago and forced the move to South America. They do a Moto Malle and there is a local Devon rider - Chris Cork - who has done the Dakar twice in this class. Chris is a very good rider and can be followed on the web site or it is televised on Eurosport every night. Probably too late for anyone who wants to sponsor/support him but there's always next year!"
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Yep Chris is a top bloke. Only three of us on 990's rode the off road route that year. Along with guys upside down in waterfalls lol
Never even knew he was until :o I saw him on TV doing the Dakar. Totally unassuming and approachable. Will be following him as well as on Facebook
Last edited by Agent Orange on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devon john

Post by devon john »

sorry to say that Chris Cork can't make it to the rally this year ,,

john
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

I will be attending again this year helping with the Off Road event as normal on the CCM440 . Hopefully I wont be picking up any 990's again this year :D .

Be good to catch up and Im looking forward to it so see you Sat morning.

Corky has a new build ready for the Africa Eco which he tested on Sunday when we went for a run and its certainly quick!

ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Hi John
Three down , the Cornish contingent have contacted me and have given apologies but work is getting in the way of pleasure , Three of us will be arriving Fri and two on Sat. See you next weekend. Chris
Kraut

Post by Kraut »

Dear All,
I'm afraid that myself and old Cruella won't be coming down for the fun of the Yuletide and I'll have to wait til next year til I next hear those words "Little fat baaasturd!" from Mr Mills! I'll be selling my wares at a market stall and hopefully making money to fund my next trip/bike/camera/etc.
This now leaves a healthy portion of scoff for someone who actually NEEDS to eat! lol :D :) :lol: :lol:
Make an effort

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”