Quadlock Phone Mount - Any Good?

The essential art of farkling.
MotoCP

Quadlock Phone Mount - Any Good?

Post by MotoCP »

I'm after a phone mount to attach to the handle bars that is secure enough for trail riding but quick and easy to release/remount so I can use my phone as camera while sat on the bike.

The quadlock looks to fit the bill but I'm open to suggestions.
Rothy

Re: Quadlock Phone Mount - Any Good?

Post by Rothy »

I have one on my GS and love it. Comes with different handle bar spacers for different sizes and very easy to clip on and off bike. Really sturdy.

Iโ€™ve bought a few phone holders but this by far is the best. Little bit more expensive than most as you buy the mount then need to buy the case to fit your phone but itโ€™s worrh the extra for the quality. The case is also not too bulky and I just keep it on for day to day use aswell
BMW R1200GS LC

2018 EuropeanTour
2Weeks, 4500miles & 17 Countries
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ด ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช
https://spark.adobe.com/page/j7rimGou6IOgR/
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Thanks Rothy. Good to know it works well on the bike.
Iโ€™m just wondering how practical the case is in normal use. I use my phone a lot as a calculator so if the socket protrudes on the back I guess it would rock about when flat on a desk?
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

MotoCP wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 pm Thanks Rothy. Good to know it works well on the bike.
Iโ€™m just wondering how practical the case is in normal use. I use my phone a lot as a calculator so if the socket protrudes on the back I guess it would rock about when flat on a desk?
I have one too and think its great.
It won't rock about on your desk in the case as the mounting on the back of the case is a recess!
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

Gavinskii wrote:
MotoCP wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 pm Thanks Rothy. Good to know it works well on the bike.
I have one too and think its great.
It won't rock about on your desk in the case as the mounting on the back of the case is a recess!
It's great. I stuck the socket direct to the phone but it's real slim so it doesn't cause an issue in my pocket.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

ColKay

Post by ColKay »

Yep got to say i love the quad lock mount, used a bulky zip case type mount before, that was ok not as water resistant as they say but could put phone or satnav in it. However the quad lock is way better, i now just use my phone as satnav for general direction only. It was too easy to just keep following satnav in old bulky case. for what it is it is a bit pricey but it is worth it. A mate also bought the gopro adapter that fits the quad lock mount. So now he has gopro and phone on same mount at same time.

good bit of kit got my thumbs up.
Be careful, if you cant be careful be lucky!! :D :D :D
McCrae72

Post by McCrae72 »

I use the SP connect system and find it very good. Secure fitting and the phone case is sturdy but not too bulky and you can get a rain coat for extreme weather use.

Return to โ€œACCESSORIESโ€