Salisbury Plain Pre xmas run

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tramp

Re: Salisbury Plain Pre xmas run

Post by Tramp »

I know the plain very well and december tends to be dry ...if cold ice is a huge problem...the worst sections are nine mile river and the north perimeter side track. And the woops along with the slippy hill near by...spring is when the plain is at its best ...wet,slippy and like a wiltshire pig happiest in a mud bath...

Riding along the gravel is boring as is a motorway...folks travel from afar to have a good day so ...if needed i can do a red route but youve been warned....some will be slightly suspect ...if you see a mortar fin just gas it lol...
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

zimtim wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 pm Have you still got the video clips??
Here 'tis I think
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

Stewie wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 pm
Morph wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:29 pm Was thinking of trying to join you but Stewie's photos have put me off...

Sorry

It is quite possible to get around dry and upright, just go around the puddles and throttle on up the hills, but it's not my ride so can't comment on the route, it's was not my intention to put people off.
Your photos have done the opposite for me, can't wait for ride now, bring it on.
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Wonkyconk wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm Your photos have done the opposite for me, can't wait for ride now, bring it on.
Top man Dayne, that's the attitude :P 640 or 990?
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I will try and post a possible route/track up later for you all to look at. Those that know the plain better please let me know of any other options 8-)
I was going to try and do some of the 9mile river but the Bulford ranges and down for being used that day.
Whatever happens we will get muddier than a muddy thing at mud wrestling contest. (Bikinis optional) :ugeek:
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

~ACP~ wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 pm
Wonkyconk wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm Your photos have done the opposite for me, can't wait for ride now, bring it on.
Top man Dayne, that's the attitude :P 640 or 990?
Not sure yet Andy, whichever one is running at the time :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

the pics had put me off, but the `muddy bikini` idea sounds really good .... mmmmm ? :lol:

(if you can guarantee me a good dry sunny day :roll: and fab camp site with heaters for my tent :roll: with no cold stuff around .. then .. maybe .. :D

nah .. too cold for me as I have to snow ride from wales on my 250L and camp out overnight in the ice blizzard 8-)

but good luck chaps, .. have a good 'un :)
Cone

Post by Cone »

If i can get a pass from the missus ill come down too, I was on the heart break hill too, but i made it up!! :lol:

Seeing that i havent taken my bike offroad since my time with Phil in the summer i guess ill be picking it up lots!!
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Okay so a few options for us
those that have GPS dowload and load and we can decide on track on the day
:D :)
Attachments
Mr Z Frame pre xmas run.gpx
(49.86 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
kurienp

Post by kurienp »

Now this sounds interesting. Count me in tentatively - provided I can get some TKC80s on the beast (1200 GSA). Will have an update for you guys by next week. This looks very very interesting indeed. The pics make it all the more interesting :D

OK. Imported the GPX to google maps in case anyone wants to view on google maps - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RAjTU ... sp=sharing

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”