Suzuki freewind XF650 Any good??????

The Things We Ride
Tink

Suzuki freewind XF650 Any good??????

Post by Tink »

Suzuki freewind xf650 are they any good ??
Opinions please??
P4ulie

Re: Suzuki freewind XF650 Any good??????

Post by P4ulie »

I have a couple of friends that own one & they say yes. Brakes aren't great & neithers the suspension, but the package is just as good as the Funduro / Trans Alp etc, but considerably cheaper.

Very underrated, which means a bargain. There are some Facebook forums & probably some www. ones still going for some owner advice
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Tink

Post by Tink »

Going to view one tomorrow...
Cheers πŸ‘πŸ‘
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Tink,

They share the engine with ccm644 and the sachs 650....id change the autocamcgain adjuster fir a manual one....mine just imploded my valves at 25000mls....

Parts are cheap and they share some ofvthe dr650se engine parts..

Look for oil leaks around front left fins and behind sparkplugs...easy fix...look at the electrics around startor solonoid...they seem tobe a simple reliable bike.
XF650

Post by XF650 »

Very underrated bike, the XF650.

I bought mine to compliment a ZZR1400 I had and certainly didn't expect to be wowed by it. Simple single air cooled carb'd engine that keeps going on and on. Returns up to 75 mpg treated very gently down to 60 mpg if thrashed. Very smooth between 50 - 80 mph and handles like a dream on the notorious Cat n Fiddle road here where you can scratch the pegs to your hearts content and I've had many a sports bike rider not able to keep up. On the motorways, they're lacking if you're in a real hurry but keep it to 75 ish and they're just fine. Two up can be cramped. Bottom end very snatchy til you're above about 3k rpm then it all makes sense. Suspension is soft but I like it cos the roads around here are full of pot holes and it just glides over them. Green laning is limited as the bike is really for the road but it does have reasonable ground clearance to do it. Went to Republic of Ireland earlier this year on a quick tour with some mates doing well over a thousand miles in about 5 days and it never missed a beat. Recommended but the only way you'll know if it's for you, is to try one out.

If you do a search for reviews, you'll find a couple who bought one each and travelled from Alaska to South America and loved them with no real issues at all.

I think you can tell I'm a little biased here ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tink

Post by Tink »

Sounds like they are a good bike πŸ‘πŸ‘
I'm off to view one this morning I'll let you know the outcome...

Thanks for the feedback everyone, this forum may have got a little quiet lately but it's always helpful with advice.... Cheers πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘
Tink

Post by Tink »

Well viewed the bike and it was an absolute dog 😣
It amazes me that people describe things so wrong
and aren't honest about condition of bikes..
Lucky escape πŸ˜‰
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Tink wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:01 pm Well viewed the bike and it was an absolute dog 😣
It amazes me that people describe things so wrong
and aren't honest about condition of bikes..
Lucky escape πŸ˜‰
Too true but that wasn't the fault of the model. Great bike but very ugly, hence the low price IMHO.

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Nothing wrong with the bike, but in it's day it was a bit of a 'me too' behind the Honda Dominator, the BMW 650, and the excellent Aprilia Pegaso 650: the latter being the most reliable bike I ever owned.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: ↑Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:18 pm Nothing wrong with the bike, but in it's day it was a bit of a 'me too' behind the Honda Dominator, the BMW 650, and the excellent Aprilia Pegaso 650: the latter being the most reliable bike I ever owned.
Going keep looking πŸ‘

I like the aprilia pegaso, I've owned two before,.. the last one rectifier went causing it to overcharge the battery and set the wiring loom on fire😯

Return to β€œBIKES”