ABR a thing of the past since the big change

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Agent Orange

Re: ABR a thing of the past since the big change

Post by Agent Orange »

I'll get my coat sorry.
I was looking at my old saved links :? I am old you know ;)

See I've been on here at least twice today :lol:
WillS

Post by WillS »

Agree it took a while to get used to the new look, and a few recent changes have improved it.
I think to upload photos, videos etc, it's far better than the hit and miss on the old site.
Personally I like the new format.
Agree seems fewer people and posts, but the quality is good, as Brenhden says "Less Politics& More adventure"!! :D
I think the site will keep improving as more people come back, after the initial problem of logging in with the old password.
So I think the ABR Forum is a thing of the future and all this information around the world for free, we cannot complain.
The site is what we make it. :)
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

The site is what we make it
Absolutely
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Come on Ry , i'm as thick as pig shit when it come to these computer jobbies and i find it fine , to be honest its not all this techno shite that makes a forum ITS THE FOLK ON IT ;)
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

I must admit I preferred the old one for being able to wander in and see what's happening. I had mine set to show recent posts and anytime I logged in I could see who or what was active. If I was away for a few days I would see all that had been posted since my last visit. I would not be surprised if over time the traffic is down. Most of us on the forum are not computer happy kids, were older school and often into older bikes too rather than the very latest.

Maybe time might change it but for now that's my thought.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

People don't like change.
It's like when Windows went from XP, then Vista, then 7, then 8, then 8.1 and now 10. There'll be another version soon and we'll have to get used to the change again.
Get over it.
gspod

Post by gspod »

Brenhden wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:48 pm The forum seems a bit quieter but I think in terms of Adventure Bike Riding posts there is not much change. There is a lot less politics on here these days which is fine with me.

Whenever I posted on here looking for tips and advice I always get great info straight away so it still seems to be doing its job and its still the best place I've found for ride reports.

Cheers all

Bren
Totally agree - except the ride reports on UKgs are superb, better than the HUBB.
herman

Post by herman »

Its like the old days in here and better for it in my opinion. The tech change has done us a favour as it seems the pub bores have gone to more populated sites and the bigger audience they crave. It will build again no doubt once folks realise they won't get grief every time they post a dumb question. The KTM forum is pretty dead and has been for a while now , one member pretty much saw to that single handed, however, you can't ban someone just for being a knob much as I am sure the mods would want to . Keep on keeping on folks :idea:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
andrew882

Post by andrew882 »

Took me a while to fight my way back on due to password/account issues, then took me a while to find how to navigate around again....almost gave up.....

BUT

I'm really glad I persevered with it. There's a really nice feel to this forum and the wealth of information here is great. If I need a steer on anything ADV it's here I come.

And here's a thought - we all crave a bit of adventure and embracing new experiences, so why get so bent out of shape about a change in interface? A small challenge compared to overland Africa?!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

If the topics are pants why don't you contribute some interesting topics of your own, like most things in life you only get out what you are prepared to put in.

All forums go through highs and lows, some even collapse due to lack of posting and if it's just the regulars posting about the same old topics then things will stagnate ........... So hopefully new members will join and liven things up a bit. Yes we have lost many regulars but they were bored and just ended up dragging the forum down with constant arguing for entertainment.
Don't underestimate the impact of Photobucket stopping all the historical links to photos contained within ride reports which has really hacked me off but now we can load photos direct to the forum I think it will be a massive improvement.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “THE PUB”