ABR a thing of the past since the big change

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
KtmRy

ABR a thing of the past since the big change

Post by KtmRy »

Well done for killing off the forum, no matter who says what with all the excuses in the world the fact is this forum is a bag of shite since the big revamp, i know over 20 odd people who USED to regularly visit this forum who now say they do not bother for various reasons like its dead on here or they don't like the new look, the topics are pants whatever... no doubt it has already been said but i cant be arsed to trawl through countless boring posts just to check. You have completely ruined it and no doubt 90% would agree and if they don't then i won't see it till i look again in a few months anyway, what a shame!
Agent Orange

Re: ABR a thing of the past since the big change

Post by Agent Orange »

I agree to some extent. I used to visit 2-3 a day to see what's going on. Now I pop in and look at current topics. It seems like hard work and all my old posts, that I use for reference......boom :!: gone. :shock:
Fingers crossed :roll:
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

A bit strange to start a thread if you've got no intentions of reading the replies. :roll:
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Totally disagree very easy to navigate with the quick link button.
Well done for all the hard work in updating
wispyone

Post by wispyone »

It's never going to be easy upgrading a forum and it's never going to please everyone. I was disappointed at first as all my pictures from previous threads had gone, but due to all the work in the background ( and possibly a lot of hair pulling and head scratching) the pictures are back.

Yes it's a big change but stick with it, for a free to use forum there is a wealth of info on here ....... even if less people post, they will be back :)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Strange thread. Are a few format changes really enough for people to abandon the site? You just have to learn the new places to click - it's no big deal.

Of course if you absolutely nothing to say, and no responses to others, then you have no contribution to make and fair enough - so be it. Personally, as a sports-biker and relatively recent mud convert I learn quite a bit from the ABR Forum. It's also been a better place since the worst of the right-wing brexit vitriol appears to have died down and the main emphasis is on the trips people make and their bikes.

There's one sure fire way to guarantee the death of an internet forum and that is to say 'I won't post until someone else posts something interesting'...
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Another way to kill a forum is by censorship and clumsy moderation as demonstrated by the TRF forum.

( of course you can cross post on other forums with smoke & mirror claims to distract attention whilst forum killing is work in practice! )
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

The forum seems a bit quieter but I think in terms of Adventure Bike Riding posts there is not much change. There is a lot less politics on here these days which is fine with me.

Whenever I posted on here looking for tips and advice I always get great info straight away so it still seems to be doing its job and its still the best place I've found for ride reports.

Cheers all

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Alun

Post by Alun »

Agent Orange wrote: ↑Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:27 pm I agree to some extent. I used to visit 2-3 a day to see what's going on. Now I pop in and look at current topics. It seems like hard work and all my old posts, that I use for reference......boom :!: gone. :shock:
Fingers crossed :roll:

Are you sure? As far as I can see all old posts and images have been back for a while.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Took a bit of time to get used to the new format but OK with it now.

As Brenden said above, still plenty of bike and travel topics posted but less drivel.

(This could be because two particularly frequent and opinionated posters seem to have vanished.)

Return to β€œTHE PUB”