ABC North Yorks

Where you've been and what you done
cowling

Re: ABC North Yorks

Post by cowling »

Ok stewie, just for you, I'll put it in my diary,
I love the way no one wants any till they are
Pissed, then it's a delicacy, bit like a kebab is!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

scoobydidler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:19 pm Proceed away Chris. I did get the links you posted, just haven't had time to look at them yet.
Bottom bit ordered from Fowlers--about 5 days to get it--and we'll have a look at what we can do from there---it may be that we have to make it a two part in that the front fixing bracket may have to be fabricated from steel or aluminium, and then the carbon/kevlar bashplate bolted to it.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 pm Nice blog so far--and how about one for the other group?--the uncharted lanes and the resulting voyage of discovery, the bog of doom and so on? :lol: ps I researched the Sirius mine--apparently its for a natural fertiliser type rock containing magnesium, calcium, potassium etc--I wondered what the blot on the landscape was.
Chris, what was the mine like. I know you said a blot on the landscape, just curious how bad. I know the end result will be a lot different (took a long time to get planning). I have been invested in Sirius for many years, well before they bought Boulby mine and got planning for the new mine. Haven't had chance to pop up and take a look for myself.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

beddowsm wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:47 am
catcitrus wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 pm Nice blog so far--and how about one for the other group?--the uncharted lanes and the resulting voyage of discovery, the bog of doom and so on? :lol: ps I researched the Sirius mine--apparently its for a natural fertiliser type rock containing magnesium, calcium, potassium etc--I wondered what the blot on the landscape was.
Chris, what was the mine like. I know you said a blot on the landscape, just curious how bad. I know the end result will be a lot different (took a long time to get planning). I have been invested in Sirius for many years, well before they bought Boulby mine and got planning for the new mine. Haven't had chance to pop up and take a look for myself.
Its a large area surrounded by fir trees--and they will probably bank it so that you really can't see whats going on--just a blot from the air I guess--but still out of place in what is a pristine, unspoilt area with just small villages nestled in the vallies. If you go to their website I believe that there is an aerial shot of the site--I just remember that it took us some time just to ride around two sides of it.--money talks!!
cowling

Post by cowling »

Mike, you have money invested all over the place, I pass the mine site regular, been widening roads and junctions, site just looks like a giant building site, all the moment, all the potash is subsea, so other than the plant itself the landscape will be same, I quite like the look of the Boultby one, but this one will be futuristic in comparison. Good to see an industry doing well in this day and age.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Money does talk. But it is creating hundreds of local jobs, and the fact the transport system to get the potash to teeside will be underground. Was touch and go if they would get planning inside the national park, but it was seen that the benefits outweigh the tree huggers. And about time!

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”