People that you meet...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
DizzyDee

Re: People that you meet...

Post by DizzyDee »

I wouldn't worry about it I ride a Harley a Street 750 (mainly for the size, little legs and all that plus it doesn't have the cruiser stance) but apparently its not the right sort of Harley so they don't talk to me or acknowledge me either LOL! I'm like a dirty secret, yeah they manufacture a road bike but they don't have to notice it. At least I get seen quick at the dealers because they don't like it parked out front.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

OB1 wrote: When you buy a new one, you automatically get a year's free membership to the HOG (and a patch and a pin badge). It's a bit like buying a Happy Meal and getting a plastic toy with your meal! :whistle.
That really made me laugh (thumbs)
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

They are only bloody jealous Chris as there Hardly moving sons won't go where your little bike will go , (thumbs)
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Lucky escape I would say, if they got talking 'Hardlys' and how they can pull a plough better than a GS, you'd still be there.
I and most bikers I know don't give a flying F@@k what your riding, just pull up a chair and a beer, and just talk boll@xs until the fire goes down (thumbs)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

A few years ago I did the Dracula Rallye in Turda, Romania. I was on my KTM640A. Another guy there was on a Hardly Ableson softail (black and quite large). He said that he was planning to be back home in Dartford in 2 days. He had a good hotel eyeballed about 50 ks inside the Austrian border. We set off at about 8 am from Turda, Romania--I arrived at the Hotel having crossed Hungary and arrived 600 miles later --he was already there! The next day I set off for the Ring and got back in 3 days. I later found out that he had arrived home at about midnight on day 2--respect--NOT your usual HD rider methinks. Also virtually no riders in the UK return a wave these days--I used to think it was just GS, HD and Wing riders hanging on for grim death. Not so in France etc--they all acknowledge you. I found that on my recent trip to Bulgaria on a 250 I was virtually ignored on the ferry by Brit bikers--not so of course everywhere else. They are either moto GP wannabees or too far up their own a"£s on big "adventure" style bikes. If the bike is well used then they invariably chat--but that's rare. I don't really like tarring people with the same brush--but it does seem that way a large percentage of the time. Its also quite funny if you are out trail riding and pull up as a group for a coffee all covered in mud --and there are Power Rangers there already. Interestingly I've never had a problem in the poshest of local pubs--but I guess they are used to trail riders and value the business.
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

I meet a lot of squeaky clean tourists these days - nothing wrong with it, when we're on our tourer my missus likes everything to be just so. The trouble is that on the rare occassion that I come across these people in a campsite (not their usual habitat), I'm usually in trail riding kit and often a bit muddy. Even though I try to engage them in conversation they normally ignore me. The odd one that does speak to me is usually pretty sarky. Different story of course if you meet them in a petrol station and their card doesn't work!
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

Just reminded me of my dispatch riding days, the times I would turn up at some office dripping all over the package I was delivering and get that down the nose look of the receptionist...funny as hell, i was earning 3 times her wages
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

I have an Evo Ultra HD I get ignored by some HD riders and not by others, if I am out on my Transalp will get a nod from most, including HD & GS riders.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Being old--and rather grumpy and argumentative--"I remember the days" etc--Anyway, it does seem that we (or a large percentage) have fallen for the "mine's bigger and better than yours" advertising hype. Just look at new car registrations--and the cost--you can't tell me that they are all paid for!-This seems to breed the kind of attitude that was personified by the two Ronnies and John Cleese sketch--"I know my place" ! --and I think that's what we see in lots of bikers these days--no longer the working man's transport! Personally I run secondhand stuff that is typically good value for money, and also try not to have any credit, loans etc--if I can't pay for it up front I don't have it-=simples--and its a much more comforting and less stressful mindset as it takes you away from 99% of "lifestyle" adds (thumbs)
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

when i bought my first vrod i was the devil himself, the purist's would go out of the way to insult me, when the supercharger and the nitrous went on the last one i could never get of the carpark because the enquires, funny lot us humans.

who cares what you ride, a young lad lets onto me every morning on his l plate scoot and when i nod back iam sure it makes his day and it cost me nowt just a few manners

steve

ps but i can be a right twat when the tl1000s comes out :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “THE PUB”