A V-Strom day out

Where you've been and what you done
adventure steele

A V-Strom day out

Post by adventure steele »

Hiya everyone sooo finally managed to get a day to myself yesterday yay! Had the V-strom for about a month now but not been able to do any miles on her bar 60 so the plan was to stick a big day in and put some miles on and do the route out of adventure bike rider mag had to get dads bike mot'd first though so that took the morning oops!

Then it was off down to Wales with the old BMW Nav 5 barking ger-maniiac instructions down the Sena Headset.

The Battery picked its moment to run out haha on some tiny b-road in the middle of no where after a wrong turn and Dads Gsx-r 750 k9 running on Vapours.

Hmm sure that road looks familiar yep! back on track thank *insert swearword* and a sigh or relief.

Luckily had been to Llanberis before so decided to crack on with it through LLangollen for fuel. Betws-y-coed, yep this looks familiar woop on route!

had a really beautiful ride through some stunning scenery and just about sussed the route out back haha had a Nick sanders style powernap on a bench was sooo hot.

Got back in past midnight haha well worth the trip though :)

Thought's on the V-strom loving the direct feel of the throttle cable, handling is very neutral beautiful and crisp with the suspension tracking slightly firm how I like it but very push and responsive I'd say you could carry the corner speed as much as you want on it feels like a 250 race bike (rode a few)

Fueling is nice to and comfort great seats a little on the hard side though! haha getting used to it though.

Previous bike experience is rd350lc's, Tz 350's rzv 500's fireblade gsx-rs an a few Nortons :) Last bike was a BMW- GS adventure LC most one adventure bike you could get breakdown after breakdown ahah couldn't even trust it to the shops let alone to iceland. Suzuki though :D so looking forward to some huge trips this year yay

Anyway the bit you have been waiting for pictures ! the on the road ones are with my mobile can't wait to get a tank bag :)
Last edited by adventure steele on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minkyhead

Re: vstrom day out in wales

Post by minkyhead »

very underated bike the vee strom ....nice ride
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
adventure steele

Thanks Minky I've rode so many different bikes but the strom' super surprised me with its clinical precise handling :)
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

That is a lovely colour combination on the vee you should name it the vee bee
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

Nice pics and yep bike looks good too. I'll be interested on your views again when you have a few more miles on the clock, particularly on the screen and what the bike is like for a pillion.
I'm looking at changing my bike so will add the strom as a possible. The Versys 650 and 1000 are also on that list, and one big plus on those is the hard panniers do not stick out too much and no ugly pannier frames. I really can't be doing with huge boxes, they make some bikes look awful and so bloody wide for filtering etc.
adventure steele

Thanks :) yep it really seems good as first impressions go I did 7 hours solid of quite demanding riding wasn't easy roads that we went on
Have a look at the Integrated pannier kits they are doing look really smart I quite fancy a set of Metal Mules though but not sure yet, first thing is to get the sat nav wired in haha thats totally a priority :D Considering a Suzuki Touring screen first got a new one for the 17' bikes with a winglet on it or a Puig Touring one always had amazing success with those :)
Vee Bee I like that :)
videoman

Post by videoman »

Looks really good in that colour and was looking at a few in my local dealer last week. Was very interested in a 650XT they have for sale, 17 plate with 130 miles on the clock with £1500 off list price.
adventure steele

they are really cool!
quite like the 650 was a tricky decision tbh between if the 650 is anything like the 1000, utter brilliance :)
looking forward to wiring in the nav tomorrow then doing some even bigger trips
adventure steele

To continue the V-strom weekend days out :)

Found our way to Matlock Bath today utter brilliant fun putting the V-strom through it's paces on some back roads and more challenging corners kept up nicely with the 750 and outpaced it in comfort :)

Want to tweak the preload off a little bit but apart from that really settling into life on her, handles as though she is on rails

In other news finally found the right Garmin mount to fit the Nav V to the bike along with a touratech mount for it, waiting for a over the clock bracket to arrive from Italy in the next week or so,

plans on it tbh are just ride maybe a tank bag for my camera 100 miles of the first service so should have that nailed with next weeks ride thinking Metal Mule for the panniers

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”