Creepy things you've seen while riding

Bikers and riding
Bryn

Creepy things you've seen while riding

Post by Bryn »

I'm just about to wrap up a two week tour of the US and over the last 5 days I've made my way from Denver to LA, takin in Monument Valley, Zion National Park, Death Valley and Yosemite on the way. It was in Death Valley, during the dead of night that I had one of the spookiest experiences of my life, and thinking about it still sends chills down my spine.
I entered the park as the sun was setting, partly to see the beauty of the place in the golden hour and partly to try and not ride through such intense heat. The park was incredible, but it was still 47.5C,so my plan was only partly successful.
As you can imagine, there weren't many people there past sundown, and after refuelling at stovepipe Wells I began the hour and a half ride to Lone Pine to find a hotel. By this time it was 11pm.
As I was riding through the mountains I was cruising along at 50 with the cruise control set. The night sky was like I had never seen it so I was enjoying taking my time and looking up. My headlights illuminated the road ahead and a couple of metres either side of it. Suddenly I saw a strange figure on the side of the road, it appeared to be about 7ft tall and at first I just thought it was a peculiar rock. As I got closer I could make out what appeared to be a head and big shoulders and I started to get a bit spooked. There was no one around me for maybe 20 miles, no lights on the road either. As I got closer still the thing definitely looked living, and as my bike passed it the huge figure turned and followed the path of the bike. Instantly I got chills and a fear washed over me like nothing I've experienced before. It was 45C at that point and I started to get cold sweats. Safe to say, the cruise control came off and my right hand twisted and I blasted off to Lone Pine as fast as I could.
I have no idea what I saw, but man was it terrifying! And it got me thinking, who else has had spooky sightings or happenings while out on the road?
big al

Re: Creepy things you've seen while riding

Post by big al »

Hi Bryn, perhaps mr bigfoot was out for an evening stroll.
Scary though, especially being on your jack jones. Anything could have happened.
Al
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

7ft tall pasty white sneaking around in dark ? My guess would be Mike Beddows
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

As long as you couldn't hear banjos in the background??
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Wow, just reading that made me spooked!
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
spasm

Post by spasm »

read up on paranoia :lol: (thumbs) might be real tho :woohoo:
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
WillS

Post by WillS »

Definatley go with the Banjo theory from Lancashirelad !! Seen the film, scary or what.
Deliverance :whistle:
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

KTMBLAG wrote:7ft tall pasty white sneaking around in dark ? My guess would be Mike Beddows
Haha! Now it all makes sense!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Not so spooky but definitely surreal: 'wild' camping for my D of E back in about 197... somewhere near what i thought was the Horseshoe Pass - not so sure now as it seems there' a cafe at the top, there certainly wasn't then!
At about 03.00 (insomniac then as now) the sound of a big motorbike coming up the bends, changing gears, etc, the quite near my tent, screech, crash, bang and then a silence which in the night was sooooo profound - and WTF do I do?
Then, "Oh fook!" kick, kick, kick, start and roars off into the night ....
Regs
Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

KTMBLAG wrote:7ft tall pasty white sneaking around in dark ? My guess would be Mike Beddows
You fuck3r blag. Me and the missus are pissing ourselves.

You should have stopped Bryn. You will always wonder.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”