Triumph tiger 955

The Things We Ride
Will

Triumph tiger 955

Post by Will »

Thinking about getting tiger as touring bike any thoughts not the prettiest bike I no (thumbs)
Bsa A10
lancashirelad

Re: Triumph tiger 955

Post by lancashirelad »

Great bikes l had the 885i & 955i loved both of 'em great long distance bikes.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

fugly (thumbs)
I have had my 955 since 06 and the only problem I have had with it was rec and stator issues which have now been fixed other than that the engine is orgasmic and they are a little top heavy but I'm a light weight.
Great touring bike and still some good 955's around have a look on Tigertriple.com (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Will

Post by Will »

Are there any known issues ,what's tank range do seats need altering are they comfy 4/6 hours , good for pillions
Bsa A10
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Bought one new in 2005. Had quite a few niggling little issues, more so than any Jap bike i've owned.
Engine seemed to be ok, but side stand bracket bent causing switch to occasionally cut out engine. Throttle kept sticking. The clocks were hard to read at night. Corrosion was quite bad. The OE panniers leaked like a sieve, had new seals put in but still wouldn't cure it.
The main thing that pissed me off was Triumph quibbling ever time i wanted warranty issues sorted. But i guess Triumphs cs isn't an issue buying a bike this old.
As for the looks, i thought they would grow on me, but it just seemed to get uglier.
When it was 18 months old, i was glad to get shot of it.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Will wrote:Are there any known issues ,what's tank range do seats need altering are they comfy 4/6 hours , good for pillions
tank range 200 plus but I never believe the gauge :whistle:

longest ride Pyrenees to Stourbridge 19.5 hours 955 miles covered (thumbs)

I have a madstad screen on mine visor up comfort at 70 plus

not heard off side stand issues before or throttle sticking, never had a problem with my panniers leaking except one time I had been riding in the rain for 10 bloody days :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
trophydave

Post by trophydave »

I would sell mine if you are interested.02 bike,low mileage,drop me a PM if you want any details.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Go for the 1050 which started in 2007--much better(and sorted) bike--I have one--its a great tourer with a stonking engine.
viince

Post by viince »

Redmurty wrote:fugly
have a look on Tigertriple.com (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
There speaks a person that knows about good looks.
:P :P :whistle:
As spud said lovely tourer.
Had mine for 4 years 28 thousand miles and no problem. Unless letting the beast have a nap counts tiggers like a nap you know.part exchanged it for a 800tigger sorry spud but I never looked back ligher more nibble but still eats the miles
Cheers vince (thumbs)
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I had one of the last 955i, with the 1050 bottom end, registered 2007. Bullet proof powerful engine, a little top heavy perhaps but still handled well. As for looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I quite liked it and will I'm sure be a sought after classic before too long. I soon regretted selling mine. Did several long European trips on mine, no problems, not even leaking panniers. Needed a sheepskin to improved long distance comfort though. Imho, a great bike.

Return to “BIKES”