Merc driver needs his license taking away

Bikers and riding
greenmachine

Merc driver needs his license taking away

Post by greenmachine »

Posted on another forum, check out this utter dogs cock in the white Mercedes.....share and shame the idiot before he kills somebody.
IainD

Re: Merc driver needs his license taking away

Post by IainD »

Ok, but why not just let the idiot get in front and forget about it?
These numpties get the Adrenalin up and that's when it gets dangerous, turn first left and go another route rather than racing him.
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

greenmachine wrote:Posted on another forum, check out this utter dogs cock in the white Mercedes.....share and shame the idiot before he kills somebody.

Maybe it's just me, I watched that vid and couldn't see the issue, it happens most days and if you don't wish to ride faster than the drivers whose cars are quite quick these days, perhaps allow them room in order for them to continue as they wish.
I'm not saying that your partner was wrong but sometimes these things happen and it's time to be in the left lane unless you wish to up the game and take the risks.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I'm a compulsive filterer. If there's a gap I'm through, straight to the front of the lights.
I find that the overwhelming number of car drivers accept it, provided you're up and away when the lights change, rather than dawdling along and delaying them.
Every now and again I'll encounter a driver that takes exception to my nifty riding style :laugh:
To win the game (and it is a game) you've got to play to your strengths.......
Filter to the front, up and away as the lights change.
Get clear and then ensure you stay at the speed limit. Mr Angry then catches up with you, he then pulls a stupid, dangerous over take to assume his rightful position.....infront of me.
I pretend not to have even noticed his hollow little victory. I never react, I let him go.....my time will come!
As sure as eggs are eggs, I'll filter past him and the five other cars infront of him at the next set of lights.
As I pass him I don't even throw him a side-ways glance,
I never tire of this little game. (thumbs)
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I agree with all the above. I experience this type of driving (deliberate and sometimes careless) most weeks - oh the stories I could tell... I find the number of drives who actually make room or just tolerate bikers outweighs the dickheads who want to kill you but it's easy to forget that when your bloods up.

And I do get very angry. I've resorted to "counting to ten" which actually helps. While they're in their car it's just going to be a shouting match which solves nothing, and sometimes it's a woman; what do you do there? Do you really want a fight to break out?

All I end up doing is riding like a dick myself because I'm full of adrenalin, testosterone, piss and vinegar :pinch:
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

We've all been there.
to be fair the bike should have gone to left lane after the lights and Merc would have gone by. I think that was Merc's issue, hence he tailgated and got frustrated, then it escalated.Your mate should have used his mirrors and seen the Merc, then given it a serious handful :)
I had similar. I filtered to the front of a set of lights (north side of Wandsworth bridge heading south). Set off and car was up my arse. He overtook me and swerved in and brake checked me 2 or 3 times.
I dropped back and he got stuck 100yds later in the line of cars waiting to come off the bridge onto the roundabout.
I chose my line for filtering up his inside, raised my MX boot, took his mirror off as i went by.
I was gone straight through the traffic :)
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
Stuartw

Post by Stuartw »

SteveW wrote:I'm a compulsive filterer. If there's a gap I'm through, straight to the front of the lights.
I find that the overwhelming number of car drivers accept it, provided you're up and away when the lights change, rather than dawdling along and delaying them.
Every now and again I'll encounter a driver that takes exception to my nifty riding style :laugh:
To win the game (and it is a game) you've got to play to your strengths.......
Filter to the front, up and away as the lights change.
Get clear and then ensure you stay at the speed limit. Mr Angry then catches up with you, he then pulls a stupid, dangerous over take to assume his rightful position.....infront of me.
I pretend not to have even noticed his hollow little victory. I never react, I let him go.....my time will come!
As sure as eggs are eggs, I'll filter past him and the five other cars infront of him at the next set of lights.
As I pass him I don't even throw him a side-ways glance,
I never tire of this little game. (thumbs)
You have just described my early morning commute

I gave up years ago getting wound up by them. As others have said if they want to charge around, leave them be.
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

Life's too short to be arguing the toss with morons. Let them go, breath, carry on enjoying the day.
Africa Twin
greenmachine

Post by greenmachine »

I would just like to point out that this video is not me, nor do I know the riders involved, but thought it was an example of a scenario we have all experienced.
I agree with several of you in so far as the best thing to do is take a deep breath and carry on..... Or at least that's what I would do these days, years ago would have been a different story, but with age comes wisdom.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Do like a traffic light grand prix :P beat Range Rover from lights to filter into single lane (from two) RR did silly speed to get in front, which I wasn`t prepared to do so left him to it :whistle: 3 mile up the road he was stuck behind other traffic, bye, bye :laugh:

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”