Carole Nash

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
IainD

Carole Nash

Post by IainD »

Below in italics is a redacted text of an email I have sent to Carole Nash this evening:

Basically, I decided to chop in the Trannie for a new Tiger 800 and my Trannie policy was with Carole Nash.
When the bike was ready, for expedience I rang them up and they cancelled my Trannie policy (underwriter not covering bike to new value) and set up a new policy for the Tiger, refund required on old policy and paid for new one. All well and good.

Next day, dealer calls, they have dropped the Tiger and damaged it, so since it could be a few weeks I got back onto them and changed the new policy to the Trannie, all good, refund required.

A week later and a new, new Tiger is ready, however as I had received a letter stating no refund was to be made (in error, but it was annoying) I checked online and found a much cheaper quote. Phoned them and said they could either match the quote or I would cancel the policy. I ended up cancelling and going with RAC.

Anyway, as the dealer had agreed to pay my costs for the insurance debacle, I asked Carole Nash to provide me with a letter stating what the costs had been for each policy so I could pass this to the dealer for a refund. That's where it really went downhill....

Mohammed,

I would like to thank you for the letter, unfortunately, as it is utter nonsense, I cannot.

If you would care to read it, it states that no refund is due, however you should be aware that a refund of £xx.xx was made!

I am no longer surprised, you have sent out wrong information many times now.

What I need (and it seems beyond Carol Nash's comprehension) is a factually correct letter stating:

The premium

The tax paid

Any fees

Any costs for cover in the period

The amount refunded

If the figures are correct they will add up properly.

This task needs to done be for both policies namely: XXXXX AND XXXXX

I also require these letters to be sent by email as it is imperative that I have the evidence required to claim my costs back from the motorcycle dealer as soon as possible.

I have spent hours on the telephone to your operators, none of whom seem to understand, or claim to, then things fall apart and I am totally aghast at how such a simple task can be completed incorrectly time and time again. I have received multiple letters from you all of which are incorrect or do not show the information I have requested and been promised.

If you have any doubts as to what I am requesting, please telephone me on XXXXX so we can discuss.

As I understand that all calls are recorded, if you have any doubts as to what I have asked for I would ask that you review these recordings, I can provide a log of calls including date, time and duration if you need help in locating them.

I trust that Carol Nash will finally expedite what I had originally thought was a simple request.

Regards

Iain Dawson

I am now not sorry to add them to my list of idiots I will never deal with again. Don't get me wrong, individually they are polite and appear to be helpful, but even speaking slowly and carefully doesn't get through to them.

Avoid, you have been warned.
lancashirelad

Re: Carole Nash

Post by lancashirelad »

Carole Nash used to be good, when it was Carole Nash, I'm with them solely because they held my details & NCB after they cancelled my policy after I sold the TR5T. Think I'll move on this year BUT there is always someone who has a bad experience with any company it's a bloody minefield. It's like people say so & so is cheap for insurance when l ring they are bloody dear if your lucky it's ok if not it goes tits up!!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It's always best to shop around. I've been with CN for many years, from back when it was actually owned and operated by Mrs CN.
Last year, I shopped around....Bennetts... oh dear....could they insure my Gas Gas 250 CCM 404 and KTM950, please.
After spending ages filling in the on-line form, I got to the end and was told to call them. So I did...ages on the phone...then finally told they couldn't insure my bikes because they were "Unusual"...even though they are all standard to the point of having stock exhausts, engines, suspension etc.
OK...but ever since I've been bombarded with emails from them asking for business...tedious.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I may need two bikes insuring for a short (hopefully) period when the Serow is delivered but I'm dreading ringing Carole Nash to be honest as my policy runs out in August but bet they shaft me in the meantime, I've had cheaper quotes for the Serow but l like the policy to include breakdown but most don't?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

I just insure my bikes separately as multi bike policies are more expensive than separate. :-/
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I had a lot of hassle with CN last year.I took out a new policy with them and was told to send in my previous insurer's renewal quote.I later received a letter saying my premium was being increased by £80 as I hadn't told the truth in the original phone call about my renewal price.When they asked me on the phone I didn't have it in front of me and just said "it's about £85" but while I was waiting to receive my quote I found the notice and before they even gave me my quote told them "it's actually £95"
When I phoned to complain I told them to listen to the recording.They call back and say "we have listened to the recording in full and you said £85" I reply "you'd better listen to it again then"
Second day they phone back and say "two members of staff have now listened to the recording in full and you said £85" I ask the supervisor I'm speaking to if she has listened to it"No,but I will"
Third day "I'm very sorry,you were right,they must have turned the recording off when you said £85"
I ended up getting a letter regretting my inconvenience and a £25 refund but I won't be using them again if you can't trust their staff to tell the truth!
Fishandchips

Post by Fishandchips »

Trouble is all the insurance companies are the same. Great when things are good but shite when you need a human and not a scripted dummy. Might as well just go and get the cheapest quote cos they'll be just as shite as the expensive ones.
Multi bike policies seem to be a waste of time also, I was quoted less individually on a comparison site for 2 bikes than the exact same insurer quoted me for a multi bike policy and that was after haggling, bloody stupid as a multi bike policy should be cheaper because you can only ride one at once.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I thought you could only use NCD on one bike if you insure them separate how does that work?
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

lancashirelad wrote:I thought you could only use NCD on one bike if you insure them separate how does that work?
Insure the largest cc bike with your NCD and the smaller bike without NCD. Even once my other bikes accumulate more NCD, the price doesn't come down much so try it with multi and individually and see how you get on.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I think the problem with the OP is that he is dealing with a different person each time, which is terrible if you want continuity over a complicated case. This should really have been bumped up to someone specifically tasked to deal with it.

I quit CN this year after many, many years because of this sort of thing. When I contacted my new insurer for a quote the guy said "if you do decide to go with us ring me on this number as I'll be dealing with your policy..." What a shock :ohmy: (in a good way)

Return to “THE PUB”