Should police be allowed to chase motorcycles ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
WIBO

Re: Should police be allowed to chase motorcycles ?

Post by WIBO »

Sheesh...... :blink:
Ryan Thomas posted on Facebook that father-of-two Mr Bryant "would put a smile on anybody's face".
Except that of the victims he was threatening with violence.
One less scummer IMO.
Get more cops on the ground along with sentencing to befit the crimes.....without...figures will rise more.

:blink:
Will It Buff Out?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Shockingly, it took about half an hour for the police to turn up to the Ashby incident...they re spread pretty thin these days, which no doubt encourages people to go to places like Ashby to try their luck.
I used to use that shop...it was a Summerfield or something, when I lived in Ashby many years ago. The staff there were always really nice...it upsets me to think of them being threatened by thugs.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

1 less thug = result IMO
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Shockingly, it took about half an hour for the police to turn up to the Ashby incident...they re spread pretty thin these days, which no doubt encourages people to go to places like Ashby to try their luck.

I used to use that shop...it was a Summerfield or something, when I lived in Ashby many years ago. The staff there were always really nice...it upsets me to think of them being threatened by thugs.

Very, very thinly if it's anything like it was becoming before I retired......extra pressure on those trying to juggle everything, hence the time to arrive to each and every call ............but almost guaranteed that every office is filled to capacity with some police personnel pushing pens that require no police powers or security clearance to do so..... civil support staff can do that for less money in a lot of cases (but not all)....0900-1700 weekends off and who would shudder at the thought of having to work nights let alone actually walk along a street on the beat getting to know their shopkeepers etc.

(Those who are facilitated with office jobs who genuinely need it due to injury or sickness I've no problem with...the majority have probably been injured whilst on the ground and within the course of duty.......but some might get paper cuts and flash blindness from a photocopier for the amount of exposure to police duty that they have. :whistle: )

:)

Will It Buff Out?
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

They seem to have plenty time to man speed cameras/guns in Scotland.
Often at places to catch people if they are not doing the speed limit on the entry/exit speed limit restriction signs.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:There were some downright hilarious comments from the 'partner' of the yardie from Birmingham who robbed the Co-Op in Ashby-de-la Zouch and ended up dying on the pavement after he was restrained by passers-by and his mate tried to rescue him by driving a car at them.

Dumb and Dumber!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-40630033
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Shockingly, it took about half an hour for the police to turn up to the Ashby incident...they re spread pretty thin these days, which no doubt encourages people to go to places like Ashby to try their luck.

Thanks for this Richard.
-------------------------------------------
..... and the IPCC are investigating this because ?????....

They like to stick their nose into everyhing and no doubt will find some poor stressed out cop to pin the blame on.

EDIT: this is whet the fuckers are like:
BBC source: IPCC commissioner accused of attempting to pervert the course of justice
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Lordorange wrote:I agree Police should be allowed unrestricted to chase scum on motorcycle's, motorcycle crime varies depending city but if the vermin know they've impunity they'll just get more brazen and violent.

Short sharp shock and deal with these life destroying plastic gangsters in the proper manner, and I've no sympathy for the Ines ending up dead after a chase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's not often I pop my head in here these days but I can't resist saying that in more than 40 years of riding motorbikes I can claim at least 5 times I've out run a police chase with 2 of them being motorbike cops and even now I'd weigh up the odds and if I thought I could lose them it'd be game on.

Not once was it because I'd done anything more than break the speed limit but if that makes me a life destroying plastic gangster then that's cool, put it on my headstone if I misjudge it one day. The fun is in the chase and the winner takes all in that game :)
Lordorange

Should police be allowed to chase motorcycles ?

Post by Lordorange »

I agree Police should be allowed unrestricted to chase scum on motorcycle's, motorcycle crime varies depending city but if the vermin know they've impunity they'll just get more brazen and violent.
Short sharp shock and deal with these life destroying plastic gangsters in the proper manner, and I've no sympathy for the Ines ending up dead after a chase.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Fair point, but what we are talking about is people using stolen motorcycles in the commission of violent crime.
There was a cop talking about this on Radio 4 Today earlier this week.
He made a valid point: a lot of the people riding scooters into London have grown up with modern cars with multilevel security, while in contrast the average scooter is, in his words, as well protected from theft as a 1970s Cortina was.
But, if you are used to driving a 21st century car, you are used to pressing one button and activating a central locking system, immobiliser, alarm etc. As he said, it doesn't enter their heads that all that is 'securing' their scooter is a steering lock that can be broken by moderate physical force...the use of secondary security devices just doesn't enter their heads.
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

That Co-op is on the hill opposite the Town hall(market) whereas the somerfield was at the bottom of the hill. I pass by there every other day and know the area well.
The police would have to come from Coalville if there's any in that station or even Loughborough. Unsure if they'd come from Burton on Trent.
I pity the guys who have been involved.

Return to “THE PUB”